It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
(female)

FatIssues HB User
Exclamation PLEASE RESPOND! What is wrong with me?

I am obsese, I eat compulsively.

But at the same time I hate my body and have a desperate need to be thin. Every time I eat I wish I could throw it all out but I don't because I hate the feeling, and when nobody's eating I feel like starving myself but when people offer me food I don't think and I just accept!

What is wrong with me?

Old 05-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
(female)

krlsgrl HB User
Re: PLEASE RESPOND! What is wrong with me?

Hi, FatIssues,

I have an eating disorder and for me, being sure I'm not hungry, not starving myself, is important. I know if I get overly hungry, I am more susceptible when someone offers me a food not on my plan.
I used to try to follow an extreme diet and it was a setup for me, because my extreme hunger backfired, instead of losing weight I binged and eventually gained weight.
Friends have told me, and I believe this, that it's important to love myself and treat myself well. A lot of the time my food problems seem like self-punishment and I do not want to live that way!!!

Hope you are doing well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
(female)

always8 HB User
Re: PLEASE RESPOND! What is wrong with me?

I wish I had an answer for you, but I just wanted to respond in some way and let you know ppl care.

I relate to what you wrote, and I am very frustrated with myself. I seem to go out of my way to cause myself misery. I hurt myself with various disordered behaviours, and am miserable. So why do I do it?! My only response to that so far is: I feel I deserve to hurt, I am unhappy even when I don't hurt myself so what's the point in trying to stop?, I have little regard for my health, it's a habit, I loathe reality so bingeing vomiting restricting h2o selfharm lax exercise alcohol all serve as anaesthetics.

Sorry, gloomy mood.

Hugs.
Perhaps talking on here might help you work through a few thoughts.
X

Closed Thread