It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
(female)

ts6408 HB User
Question Eating disorders

I don't know what to do! Can someone help me?? I have been struggling with Anorexia for the last 4 years on and off and started showing signs of bulimic behaviors 3 months ago. I don't think what I am doing is that bad and I haven't lost any weight from doing this. I eat for the most part but not a lot.. Probably more around 300 calories a day if that which i know isn't good but I can't eat anything bc I am so paranoid about every calorie I put in my mouth that some times when I eat I feel like I have to purge it bc I am so full and i didn't even eat that much. This happens at least once a day sometimes more.. I go back to college in August and I don't know what to do.. My family doesn't know about this and I don't know if I should look into getting help for it bc i still want to loose more weight. If i go into treatment then idk if they would let me loose any weight.. I weight 139 and feel so fat!!! A year ago August I weighed 190 so i don't feel as fat as I did before but I still feel fat and want to be smaller... What should I do? I know if i went to a doctor they wouldn't be able to tell that I struggled with these eating disorders and that is what scares me the most.. I don't want to have to get treatment for something that people think im lying about.. Im NOT lying but idk.. I have no idea what I should do.. My friend told me that maybe I should take a semester off from school and go to a treatment center to get help now before I really screw up my body but Idk if I should do that.. I need someone to talk to about this... Can anyone give me some kind of advice as to what I should do?? Thanks for reading this!

~Taylor~

The following user gives a hug of support to ts6408:
auntdew (07-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
(female)

auntdew HB User
Re: Eating disorders

You need to get help.

I would look professional help from people specialized in dealing with eating disorders. This may be a doctor, a nutrionalist, a clinic etc.
Do some research and see what help is available in your area.
There are also free helplines in many areas for people dealing with eating disorders.

I know that telling your family members can be hard, but if there is someone whom you trust, either a relative or a friend, I would confide with them what is going on.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts6408 View Post
My friend told me that maybe I should take a semester off from school and go to a treatment center to get help now before I really screw up my body but Idk if I should do that.. I need someone to talk to about this... Can anyone give me some kind of advice as to what I should do?? Thanks for reading this!

~Taylor~
Hello Taylor,

Your friend may be onto something.

As you are aware,higher learning puts demands on the brain and these demands can easily turn into stressors,an eating disorder's ally.

Taking time off now to work on the mind/body connection could provide useful in the near future.

Try to view it as a preventive measure.

Here's the thing: if you choose to enter into a clinic setting,you will still be educating yourself with information designed to help you for many years to come.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 12-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
(female)

mjpd HB User

Hi Taylor,

I understand where you are coming from. Having an eating disorder causes great mental turmoil. If I knew today the severity of anorexia nervosa, I would have looked after myself better. I suggest you speak with your parents and close friends that you create a support network - this is extremely important. Firstly, you know you are not alone and when you are battling - someone understands, supports and helps you through emotions.

To give you an indication of what these diseases over a long period of time - I have a heart condition, oestoporosis and a form of epilepsy. I went through fertility treatment too. An eating disorder does destroy many aspects of ones life and I am sure by your behaviour and confusion to tell others or to seek help has enabled the eating disorder to fester and manipulate you.

You need to take charge and make a stand for your wellbeing and not the eating disorder.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
(female)

mjpd HB User

Hi Taylor,

I understand where you are coming from. Having an eating disorder causes great mental turmoil. In light of what I know today the severity of anorexia nervosa, I would have looked after myself better. I suggest you speak with your parents and close friends that you create a support network - this is extremely important. Firstly, you know you are not alone and when you are battling - someone understands, supports and helps you through it.

To give you an indication of what these diseases do over a long period of time - I have a heart condition, oestoporosis and a form of epilepsy. I went through fertility treatment too. An eating disorder does destroy many aspects of ones life and I am sure by your behaviour and confusion to tell others or to seek help has enabled the eating disorder to fester and manipulate you.

You need to take charge and make a stand for your wellbeing and not the eating disorder.

Closed Thread