It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

Sara2726 HB User
Feeling Hopeless

Eating Disorder? Depression? I don't know. I am 27 and have battled my weight all of my life. Ten years ago I went from 230lbs to 150lbs and then over the years gotten down to 127lbs. I have been depressed since my early teens but was not diagnosed until about a year ago. After I eat I feel guilty but while I am eating I feel good. I work out about two hours a day, five days a week. I tend to eat huge quantites when there s no one around to see me but only eat little bits when people are around 'cause I don't want to look like a pig.
People say I look fine and don't need to loose any more weight but I feel they are just being nice. My constant need to work out has cost me friends and has caused many fights with my husband.
I can't seem to be able to run my own life. It feels as if the food is what is running my life. I feel like my days revovle around food. Whether I'm searching for something to eat or thinking about when the next time I can eat will be.
I constantly feel as if I have to loose more weigh and need to tone a little more. But it seems every time I loose a couple pounds I feel like a couple more need to come off. I step on a scale at least twice a day and also measure my waist every other day. I feel tired and hopeless. I want to feel good about the way I look.
Some advice please....

The following user gives a hug of support to Sara2726:
always8 (08-23-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
Re: Feeling Hopeless

Hi Sara, It sounds like you have an eating disorder and need some counseling and therapy to balance the food thoughts in your life. Many people feel low self-esteem in the way they look on the outside or feel shameful when they
eat in front of people. I am a closet eater myself and have eating issues but you might want to talk to someone that deals with eating disorders. Do you have any children? I'm sure your husband is fearful for your health and your obsession with food. It is hard not to focus on food or the scale but those are outer issues and you need to get to the root causes inside that make you feel the way you do. I use food for comfort in any situation but I realize that balance in my life is healthier. Please find help for yourself and best wishes. We want you to be healthy and happy inside and out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread