It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

liliannavess HB User
A hello for support

Hi, I'm new and just want to talk to get some things off my chest.

I just want some support so I want to write a little about my past and how I'm dealing with it. I've been obsessed with weight, food, and exercise ever since I became interested in modeling 2.5 years ago. It has taken over my life. I was eating minimally and exercising at midnight and 2am most nights secretively. I hated if someone was watching me eat something or teased me about food. I have a big sweet tooth so I would skip "real" food so that I could have dessert or icecream or chocolate but would always feel terrible about it afterward and exercise to compensate. After about 2 years, I had some jobs where I didn't have access to a gym and ate more. I gained about 4 lbs and was pretty okay with it but now I feel so depressed and hopeless about my weight. I'm not doing modeling anymore and have taken myself out of that environment. I started to chew and spit out food to satisfy cravings but realized that that could get out of hand. I've tried to throw up my food if I've eaten a bit too much cake or something. I don't binge in huge quantities but I hate "giving" in to those cravings. I don't purge but I wish sometimes I could. At night I feel absolutely terrible when I look in the mirror. I've been trying to tell myself positive things and healthy mood lifters but I do cry almost every night. I want to be happy because it sucks not liking how you look. Sometimes I do really like my features, but if something doesn't fit at a store or someone says, you look healthy or I see someone thinner than me, my mood turns so quickly and I feel like crying. I honestly don't want to live anymore with all these thoughts about weight and food. Not that I'm suicidal, but I can't stay happy for a long period of time.

I don't have anyone to talk to about some of my habits and can't afford a therapist right now. I have realized that yoga, biking, and cleaning really helps me cope with negative thoughts and cravings. I have considered going to a psychiatrist or doctor for some depression medication but I'm scared to. I just feel alone a lot and sad about myself.

Thanks guys and any advice or support is appreciated.

The following user gives a hug of support to liliannavess:
faldhi (09-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: A hello for support

Hello l,

Meds are nothing to be ashamed of being on;especially if they help.

I would consider you to be doing the responsible thing for a better quality of life......

Please tell me that you'll at least think about it.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 09-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

liliannavess HB User
Re: A hello for support

I am thinking about seeing a psychiatrist to talk about things. I think it will be good for me and maybe getting on an antidepressant.

Thanks for the reply, phoenix.

Closed Thread