It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #1
(female)

horse2 HB User
Not sure if I have an eating disorder

I've been under weight my whole life, not as bad as an adult. I had gained wt last year due to a medication and lost the wt and some when I came off the med. I'm now not able to eat, I don't know if it's stress or in my head affraid of gaining wt, I got my flat stomach back but part of me knows I'm too skinny right now and part of me still sees stomach rolls. I could always eat anything I wanted and stay thin. I don't know if I could possibly have an eating disorder or if I'm just so stressed I'm sick to my stomach, but I feel horrible and can't get out of this. I don't know what to do, I may go to my primary care dr but he is uselss. I know I can't afford to loose any more wt but I also can't eat.

Last edited by horse2; 09-10-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Not sure if I have an eating disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse2 View Post
I'm now not able to eat, I don't know if it's stress or in my head affraid of gaining wt, I got my flat stomach back but part of me knows I'm too skinny right now and part of me still sees stomach rolls. I could always eat anything I wanted and stay thin. I don't know if I could possibly have an eating disorder or if I'm just so stressed I'm sick to my stomach, but I feel horrible and can't get out of this. I don't know what to do, I may go to my primary care dr but he is uselss. I know I can't afford to loose any more wt but I also can't eat.
It's not going to get better by stressing over it. Try to relax and find something to do that you enjoy. I think you'll find that your appetite will come back in due time because your body has a wisdom of its own. Keep some healthy foods on hand so you'll be ready when you get hungry. And if it's something healthy and well balanced, you can be confident that it will not make you fat.

Last edited by JohnR41; 09-10-2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: word change

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Not sure if I have an eating disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse2 View Post
, I may go to my primary care dr. .
Hello horse2,

Welcome

I believe that going to your primary care physician is definitely the way to go.
This way it can be determined as to whether or not the medication you were previously administered effected your system,from a gastrointestinal standpoint.

Explain all of your symptoms to your pdoc and if you have a difficult time conveying your concerns while in a hospital gown,may I suggest writing down the symptoms beforehand and bringing the notations with you.

Please keep us updated,if you are up to it.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 09-15-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Closed Thread