It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
(female)

hlgxx3 HB User
Exclamation i lost 25lbs in 3 months.... and im getting really sick. please help

I am 17 years old and 5'11'' and not at all worried about the way I look.
but this summer, i decided that i should take more care of myself by drinking water to hydrate myself. I have a past history of frequent fainting over too much heat, dehydration, and low blood sugar. I figured it is because im tall that's why i need to keep myself hydrated a lot.
Since I was going onto my senior year I decided to have as much fun as possible. Which meant NEVER being home (haha). I don't have a job so I don't have money. I don't have money, so I don't get food. So I got used to drinking a lot of water and small snacks through out the day with one large meal (usually breakfast or dinner).
At the beginning of the summer I weighed 160. Which is normal for my height. At the end of summer I weighed 135. I can barely recognize myself and it's only been 3 months!
I told my family and since I am a teenage girl they assume I did it purposely.
Then I started getting sick.

I got basic symptoms for losing a lot of weight (dizziness, lightheaded, weak, sore, stomach aches, ex.) but one that REALLY caught my eye was the fevers I got.

A month ago I went to Disney World. We were on the dinning plan so every night we ate large dinners with a dessert. My body wasn't used to eating this much. I ended up getting a fever of 101. I didn't make the comparison till recently.

this past week I have been trying desperately to gain weight so I have tried eating 3 meals a day. I made them small at first because my stomach strunk. But I started getting really sick again. My stomach got really bloated and I felt sharp pains through out my abdomen. And I caught a fever again.

I never heard that losing weight gave you fevers when you try to eat. Is this just a coincidence, or is there a real problem I am dealing with?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
(female)

MichikoZ HB User
Re: i lost 25lbs in 3 months.... and im getting really sick. please help

I lost weight, about a stone due to not having much of an appetite due to feeling too stressed.
I do get the dizziness if I don't eat, thats how I remember to eat when my appetite fails to kick in.
I don't ever get fevers from eating or over eating.
I think you need to talk to a doctor and get a full blood work done , you shouldn't be getting fevers like that, since you are prone to fainting too it would be good for you to get a check up.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
(female)

hlgxx3 HB User
Re: i lost 25lbs in 3 months.... and im getting really sick. please help

my mom schedualed one for tomorrow because i brought it to her attention... i really hope its nothing tooooo scary

Closed Thread