It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
(female)

linkgreg HB User
Don't want to eat because of chemicals in food.

Okay so I am very educated about the sort of chemicals and preservatives in food, and how they effect the body. So much so that It makes me not want to eat at all because even eating things like fruits and vegetables, are bad for you, unless if they're organic. And I cant just simply buy organic food. Im 17, live with my parents and currently have no job. I try to persuade my parents to buy more healthy things but whenever they go food shopping, they come home with bags of chips, dips, packages of cookies, and just all around junk. I try and educate them about the stuff that their eating and they just make a joke of it and say things like "well i like my food with extra preservatives mmmmmmm." And when i try and tell them about how im feeling towards food their answer is "well just stop felling that way, you need to eat" I know i need to eat. Grant it, I dont like eating, and I fear getting fat, but i still undertsand that food is essential for a healthy body. it's just so hard to eat it knowing of all the crap thats in it.
I'm not really sure if how i feel would classify as an eating disorder. I mean, I am afraid of getting fat and constantly think about weight. And i do want to talk to my counsler at school about it. But i fear that she'll tell my parents, and thyll send me to some clinic or something, and I'll have to eat chemicals. and that's not really on my to-do list for my senior year of high school.
does anyone else feel this way? because i literally feel so alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2011, 02:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Don't want to eat because of chemicals in food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkgreg View Post
Okay so I am very educated about the sort of chemicals and preservatives in food, and how they effect the body.

I'm not really sure if how i feel would classify as an eating disorder. I mean, I am afraid of getting fat and constantly think about weight. And i do want to talk to my counsler at school about it. But i fear that she'll tell my parents, and thyll send me to some clinic or something, and I'll have to eat chemicals. and that's not really on my to-do list for my senior year of high school.
does anyone else feel this way? because i literally feel so alone.
Hello linkgreg,

It seems like you are overanalyzing your situation.

Being weight conscious,in and of itself,does not usually qualify as an eating disorder.It lies somewhere in the frequency of thought and other psychological patterns of behavior.

If your guidance counselor involves your parents,realize it will be for your best interest,in an effort to help you.

Worse case scenario;you have to be admitted....you can always tell them that you prefer a vegitarian meal,as you are pre-occupied with living an organic lifestyle.

You are not alone;believe me.

Your F.I.F.(Friend in Food)
Phoenix

Closed Thread