It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
(male)

durkmusic HB User
Loss of appetite, feeling sick

My girlfriend has had this problem for a few months now where she gets hungry, but when she starts eating, she apparently gets grossed out by the food or just feels sick and doesn't want to eat anymore. She often feels sick or uneasy after eating. She usually tries to force herself to eat. She will make dinner and it smells so good and she cant wait to eat it but as soon as she takes a bite... she doesn't want to eat anymore. I don't know what is going on. Is this just a mental thing. I think sometimes she even throws up after she eats. Maybe a little bit after. I'm a guy so I don't know anything about girls which is why I'm posting on here to try and get some help for her. If you need me to ask her anything I will just let me know. Also, I'm 99.9% sure she's not pregnant haha

Thank you for your help,
Carl

Old 09-28-2011, 03:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Loss of appetite, feeling sick

Hello Carl,

It's difficult to pinpoint the exact problem.

Ask her if she's been to her doctor for a complete physical and if not I suggest she makes an appointment.

There may be a physical,psychological or components of both that may be causing this.

Going to the doctor will rule out certain possibilities, which in turn will pave the way to exploring others.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread