It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

estelle21 HB User
the councelor blurted it out to my mom !

I told my councelor, handled it horribly, I just wanted to help myself by telling her. She gave me to a different therapist, then another one, then that one blurted it out while I was sitting in the room with my mom. AND I TOLD HER MY MOM DIDNT KNOW. All I could do was cry. I'm so useless.

Never went back there. my mom seems like she just forgot after a week and yells at me all the time cause I binge and purge. I feel torn

Old 11-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: the councelor blurted it out to my mom !

Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle21 View Post
I told my councelor, handled it horribly, I just wanted to help myself by telling her. She gave me to a different therapist, then another one, then that one blurted it out while I was sitting in the room with my mom. AND I TOLD HER MY MOM DIDNT KNOW. All I could do was cry. I'm so useless.

Never went back there. my mom seems like she just forgot after a week and yells at me all the time cause I binge and purge. I feel torn
Hello estelle21,

Unless a therapist is trained to deal with eating disorders,this leaves both you and them at a disadvantage.

I suppose that she felt the information was deemed appropriate and not made to belittle you in any way,shape or form.

You may have felt useless at that point in time but know that you're not a useless individual;you have worth.

Please return to therapy and explain how the session made you feel.

Wrestling with these unresolved issues can actually make your bulimia worse.

Your mother needs to be educated about bulimia because she is only making a bad situation worse.

Would she be willing to read eating disorder literature?........

Back to your therapist.....

You could try bringing pamphlets to your session that you've read and ask her opinion on it.

Don't be so quick to give up on yourself.........

because you're worth fighting for.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread