It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

Live2Run HB User
Ridiculousness

So this is my first post on here. Try not to yawn...

Basically, I joined because I don't want to struggle alone. If you have an ED you know how hard it is to have absolutely no one understand what you are going through. Emotionally, I am in a strange place right now. I have struggled with anorexia for 6 years. I have "recovered" too many times to count and this time I finally came to the conclusion that I am one of those that won't ever recover. It's such a lovely thought isn't it....(sarcasm!! If you read these posts remember I am a very sarcastic person).

Is it bad that I'm already asking what the point of this post is?? Honestly, I forgot!! Soooo let me redirect this....

Point(s): I am not pro ana, I am not here to encourage anyone. I am not proud of myself although registering for a site to talk about my problems (and read other people's problems) would probably make some people wonder. Maybe I'll meet some people on here that can actually understand what I'm going through because my family, friends, etc won't ever get it. It's so simple for people to say "fix the problem."

I am done blabbing. Hope everyone is having a great weekend because I've been sitting here drinking green tea and studying for finals and working on papers all day!! Because I have no life Seriously. No life. I will elaborate on that when I want to make some people smile.

-Nicole-

Old 11-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Ridiculousness

Hi, Nicole,
I am not anorexic but I've been a binge eater almost my entire life (decades), so I totally understand how wrong it is for others to say "just fix it". If we could, we would! Having an eating disorder of any sort is not anything a person would hope for. It's a way of coping that becomes totally out of control. My only suggestion to you is to NEVER give up. Our families can't possibly "get it". They love us and want us to be healthy, and food seems to be something that society feels (and rightfully so) we should eat with balance.
That we "choose" to eat too much or not eat enough. They don't understand the internal struggle that's always there, and the hatred for ourselves that is underneath it all. That's what good therapy is all about.

blessings, Sue

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Live2Run (11-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Ridiculousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Run View Post
So this is my first post on here.

Basically, I joined because I don't want to struggle alone. If you have an ED you know how hard it is to have absolutely no one understand what you are going through. Emotionally, I am in a strange place right now.I have "recovered" too many times to count and this time I finally came to the conclusion that I am one of those that won't ever recover..
Hello and welcome Nicole.

You are definitely not alone here.

My family doesn't understand either but you know what,it's ok.

It's ok because even if I brought them all the informational resources that this world has to offer,they wouldn't even pick up as much as a business card to lift a finger to help......but that's me.

Don't give up on yourself and know that there is no such thing as recovering too many times.

We fall down but we get up,again and again and we'll have moments where we feel like giving up and that's alright...................as long as you don't dwell on the frustration of things to the point it worsens your situation.

Remember that you have the possibility of recovering today and if you place in perspective that this day carries with it a glimmer of hope(even though you may not metaphorically see it) then you will come to realize that hope is necessary to keep us going.

It's real,it's true and it's life....our lives.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-20-2011 at 08:40 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Live2Run (11-20-2011), Pacifier (08-29-2012)
Closed Thread