It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
(female)

Akt22 HB User
A thank you?

So I'm currently recovering from disordered eating, restricting, over exercising etc. I've been recovering for about 6 months, and I am truly enjoying life so much more. I have energy to do everything I used to enjoy, and my life is so much better when I'm not putting my energy into counting or weighing myself.
I am fairly close to the teacher who got me help. When he approached me last year about my weight loss, I basically told him to **** off and skipped his class the rest of the year (I don't skip btw)
Now that I realize that it was only ever myself im mad at, I really want to thank this teacher. I do sort of say thanks, but I don't think I got the message across that he[he saved my life[/I]. I don't know what I should say or how to approach him without it being awkward. Any suggestions?

Old 11-23-2011, 05:22 AM   #2
(female)

pixie06 HB User
Re: A thank you?

First off I just want to say well done you for heading down the road to recovery, an eating disorder is a very hard illness to overcome so you should be proud of yourself.

I think you should pull your teacher to one side at the end of a lesson, or at lunch, or even ask him if you can have a chat with him in a private room and just say your thank you. You don't have to go into detail as from what it sounds like, he already knew what was going on. If I was you I would apologise for swearing at him and pushing him away when he wanted to help you, but don't be too hard on yourself about that because thats what an eating disorder does to you, its not you saying that, its the illness almost telling you to react like that and talk to people in that way when they try to give you help.

He would probably really appreciate the thank you and it obviously means a lot to you that he saved your life as you put it.

Good luck, and I hope I helped a little.
Let me know how it goes when/ if you do decide to do this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread