It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
(female)

rachfbaby HB User
how to balance healthy eating and indulging

since i've started recovery I've been yo-yoing a lot between eating too little, and eating too much. Either eat really healthy, or eating crappy. Because i try to eat "healthy" then i get tired of it and just tell myself i have every right to eat whatever i want, which ends up to me almost eating everything put in front of me. I can't find that balance between eating good, and sometimes eating cookies and dessert... from eating nothing and very healthy foods to eating all bad foods.. and a lot of it. How can i find that balance? I feel like i have 2 different mind sets i switch back and forth from, one is; I am recovering, i havent eaten any of these foods in a long time and i really want to taste them all again, i shouldnt be depriving myself. and the other mindset is; if i dont control what i eat, ill eat everything in sight. i have to eat healthy, 3 meals a day and small, healthy snacks if i want them. I just dont know how to mesh both together to have the best of both worlds.
Any one recovering who has had this issue and can tell me what they did? or any one who can give me any outside perspective?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
(female)

lovepink1 HB User
Re: how to balance healthy eating and indulging

I am struggling with the same exact thing. I really wish someone would reply to this. I feel identical to how you do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread