It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
(male)

chris0151 HB User
***newbee***

hi there i have never used a forum before but i think i need to on this occasion. i am 23 years old i am 6ft 2 and weight 135lbs i have been trying to deal with an eating disorder now for about 6 months.

I have found it really difficult i am currently going through counselling it does help but i am finding it hard to refeed my bmr is about 1600-1700 but most of the time i eat about 1300-1400 i feel like i am just killing myself i keep saying to myself stop it you can eat what you want.

the main thing is i am scared of putting loads of weight on. i am scared that if i eat one takeaway i will become fat i know it sounds stupid but its my subconsciousness mind telling me this.

i did start ok i was over weight i did weigh 270lbs 16 months ago i then went on a diet when i got to 182lbs i was happy and said thats it this is when i think the eating disorder took full control of me. it took me to about 145lb before i realized what i was doing.

sorry for the sob story just looking for general advice and support if possible.

Thanks guys

Old 12-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: ***newbee***

I'm glad to hear that you're going to counseling. I just wanted to tell you that I totally understand what you are saying, and try not to be so hard on yourself. It's really not your fault. Keep correcting your mind and your actions when you know that you are not thinking properly and want to eat less than you should. It's not easy, I know!
I pray you will have a full recovery, I hear that you are struggling right now. You are not alone.

blessings, Sue

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
chris0151 (12-16-2011), chrisj88 (12-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2011, 05:20 AM   #3
(male)

chris0151 HB User

hi Sue

Thank you for your response and support means alot to me my family and friends are finding it hard how to talk to me so i feel allone sometimes.

I'm just finding it hard to eat right now most days i only take in about 1300 cals I'm just scared that i have eaten so little for soo long that if i try and eat like 1700-1800 around my BMR i will put massive's of weight on i have tried to look online but cant find anything consistent.

if anyone can help me with their personal experiences it would great be appreciated.

Regards

Chris

Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
(male)

chris0151 HB User

first day of new eating plan please can someone let me know i have had ed for about 5months so not as long as some people so i have made a meal plan up please review
7-9 breakfast 250
10;30 snack 200ish
1pm lunch 400 ish
3pm snack 250 ish
5;30 is dinner 500
8pm snack 250 ish

is this too much or is this ok i read that i need 1659 if i stayed in bed allday
but i work in an office and do general jobs and walk about 3 times up and down about 6 flights of steps and general living driving ect.. it says i need 2100 to maintain my current weight is this too much or is this ok please help

Closed Thread