It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
(male)

chris0151 HB User
fresh start

first day of new eating plan please can someone let me know i have had ed for about 5months so not as long as some people so i have made a meal plan up please review
7-9 breakfast 250
10;30 snack 200ish
1pm lunch 400 ish
3pm snack 250 ish
5;30 is dinner 500
8pm snack 250 ish

is this too much or is this ok i read that i need 1659 if i stayed in bed allday
but i work in an office and do general jobs and walk about 3 times up and down about 6 flights of steps and general living driving ect.. it says i need 2100 to maintain my current weight is this too much or is this ok please help i am trying to increase my weight so i can get out of the office and do my usual job of walking round outside for about 5 hours a day

please review

Old 12-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
(female)

lovepink1 HB User
Re: fresh start

I think it's more about the attitude you have towards food than it is the actual calories. You're talking about making sure you have ENOUGH as opposed to worrying that you have TOO MANY. I think this is a great sign. Eventually, the goal is to move away from all of the calorie counting and meal-planning altogether. Obviously, you have not reached that point yet, which is okay. But you're moving in the right direction. I think you're in a great place

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
(male)

chris0151 HB User

thanks for the reply. i had my christmas dinner today and stupid be restricted on that only had turkey boiled veg and a small piece of stuffing. i felt like crap

but when i went out to a friends i made up for it just ate crap when i say crap i had a profiterole roll a small piece then i had a thick piece of toast with jam( the toast scared me abit because i have been suffering with bloated feeling i know its normal but it bloody hurts). i have just got home and had a chocolate bar and a milkshake.

i am feeling better but i still dont think i have reached the minimum of 2500. i know its my eating disorder telling that the 2500 is the max but i know its the minimum i have been told by the doctor to enjoy christmas and just eat what i want.

its my body telling me to eat it. it needs allot more than 2500 calories to recover and i am trying to push the eating disorder over and say no i want to eat the chocolate or cream or milkshake or anything i can because food is fuel to repair its self.

i want to get back to a normal life and not worry about whats in the food i.e. calories or saturated fats(this was my biggest fear but i need the fat for my body to repair)

i am reading that people are aiming for 3500-4000 calories a day yes this daunting but i know if i want to get better i need to aim high. i'm just scared that i might binge (but i think thats the ED talking)

Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
(female)

lovepink1 HB User

I think it's great that you are trying to recover. I know the feeling when you eat a healthy amount, but your ED tells you that you're going to get fat, etc. You're doing the right thing though, so just keep ignoring those thoughts. You're on the right track for sure!!

Closed Thread