It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

lovepink1 HB User
Christmas eating

I am extremely upset right now, so this is sort of just a vent, but also any support or advise is GREATLY appreciated.
I have struggled with anorexia for seven years, however it wasn't until this summer that it really got bad and I decided to finally seek help. I was diagnosed and referred to intensive outpatient treatment (8am-5pm every day). I did not attend because I had to start school. I have not received therapy of any kind, although I promised the doctors I would since I refused to go to the treatment program. Thankfully, moving away to college really helped me, and I've been so much better lately. But of course, I still struggle with this.
Today has been rough. I have been working out all week and trying to eat healthy because I knew that Christmas is coming up and I will be eating huge meals, cookies, etc. I was very excited for this and didn't think I would freak out about it. Today, though, I was doing all my Christmas baking, and of course, I had to have a taste of everything I made, along with the dough, batter, etc. while I was making it. I've eaten no real food today except a chicken wrap and a yogurt. Still, I am now dreading Christmas and Christmas Eve. I don't want to go home to see my family because I now feel so guilty about eating sugary and fattening foods today, and I don't want to eat Christmas food tomorrow or the day after. I'm so sad because I was very excited at first and thought I would be fine. Now I have the horrible feeling of guilt and I am not excited for Christmas at all. I feel like I have ruined it for myself by eating the way I did today and not working out, even though I know in my head it is probably fine

I was at work waitressing for 4hours, which actually does burn quite a few calories. But still, my disorder is taking control of my mind. I just wish I could laugh it off and say "who cares! it's the holidays!" like normal people. Unfortunately, I can't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread