Help with diagnosis, please.
I'm a 17 year old male who has been really struggling to live a normal lifestyle for over a year now. I've been to see my GP twice and been to the hospital for throat checks. I'll run you through a normal day in my life to give you a better picture:
- Wake up with dry mouth and bad taste, drink around 300ml of water
- Get up, often feel nauseous and will sometimes vomit up the water
- Won't eat breakfast, feel too crappy to even comprehend food
- Maybe manage some fruit around 2 hours after getting up
- Usually have a sandwich for dinner
- Drink all sorts of soft drinks and water until tea time
- Have a comfortable tea.
Throughout the day I drink as much water as I can. I can easily drink 2 litres by 3 in the afternoon. I think I'm addicted to water and soft drinks. I buy one every time I go in a shop and after everything I eat.
I very rarely have an appetite where I want to eat a meal. I usually have to remind myself to eat, it's a struggle. If there is no bottled water in the house, I simply can't eat anything but fruit. I would probably die if I didn't have bottled water because I simply can't eat or develop an appetite without it.
My life revolves around drinks. Even when I'm hungry and enjoying a meal, my main priority is a nice soft drink once I've done. Over the course of the day I'll usually have: 2-3 litres of water, 500ml-1ltr of milk, morning fruit juice and 2-3 soft drinks over the course of the day.
Without water, I can't eat, I'll just be sick if I try.
Please help me, than you.