It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
(male)

xthegeminix HB User
complications from ed thinking about ending it

I don't know what went wrong with my recovery my ED was caught late(thru out hs and into the beging of college) 6 years ago at 22(currently 28 and can't function) .I went from various phases of anorexia in hs to yoyo dieting to exercise bulimia for three years .I stoped the exercise bulimia and gained weight quick .I then was hospitalized for anorexia.I have not been able to function since.I get pains thru out my sides all day long and flooring hunger pains.I wake up starving to .I just can't function.I am yet again restricting since i feel if i am useless I don't deserve to eat.I was just hospitalized for sever depression and am doing out patiant they want to refer me to someone who treats eds .I am just tired of living in hell with my body and I want to end it.I am at a healthy body weight and its been 6 years i don't under stand why I can't heal enough to function.I am also deal with aspergers bi polar and adhd.I guess this is what they meen when they say if eating disorders aren't stoped in time they become debilitating life long conditions.Does anyone have any advice.

Last edited by xthegeminix; 02-09-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: aditions

Old 02-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
(female)

aileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB User
Re: complications from ed thinking about ending it

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthegeminix View Post
I don't know what went wrong with my recovery my ED was caught late(thru out hs and into the beging of college) 6 years ago at 22(currently 28 and can't function) .I went from various phases of anorexia in hs to yoyo dieting to exercise bulimia for three years .I stopped the exercise bulimia and gained weight quick .I then was hospitalized for anorexia.I have not been able to function since.I get pains thru out my sides all day long and flooring hunger pains.I wake up starving to .I just can't function.I am yet again restricting since i feel if i am useless I don't deserve to eat.I was just hospitalized for sever depression and am doing out patiant they want to refer me to someone who treats eds .I am just tired of living in hell with my body and I want to end it.I am at a healthy body weight and its been 6 years i don't under stand why I can't heal enough to function.I am also deal with aspergers bi polar and adhd.I guess this is what they meen when they say if eating disorders aren't stopped in time they become debilitating life long conditions.Does anyone have any advice.
Hi,

I also felt like giving up because I have been in and out of recovery for a couple of years. My therapist said it would take 5-10+ years to recover! But I've caused some permanent damage to my digestive system and gallbladder.

It gets so confusing because I get that gnawing hungry feeling and I am already weight restored too.

Do you want to see someone who treats eds?

I see my therapist every other week and that helps a lot!

I'm sorry I don't really have advise because i'm still not recovered, but maybe keep reminding yourself of things you have stopped doing like the exercise bulimia.

I hope you keep updating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
(male)

xthegeminix HB User
Re: complications from ed thinking about ending it

I apreciate the advice I am looking to see someone with a speciality in male eating disorders.My out patiant IOP program found 2 such ones.I am just really tired of making one mistake and missing out on life so much because of it

Closed Thread