It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
(female)

Kristen98 HB User
What do these symptoms mean?

I'm 14 year old girl, and I don't know what is wrong with me.
I used to make myself throw up, and nothing happened. Afterwards I started feeling really sick, and I couldn't eat. Now I am fine with missing meals in my day, I don't eat breakfast, and barely have lunch. Sometimes I feel really sick, dizzy or just have no energy, other times I am fine. My parents are unaware of all this, and I'm uncomfortable with telling them.
Help me? What does this mean?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
(female)

aileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB User
Re: What do these symptoms mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen98 View Post
I'm 14 year old girl, and I don't know what is wrong with me.
I used to make myself throw up, and nothing happened. Afterwards I started feeling really sick, and I couldn't eat. Now I am fine with missing meals in my day, I don't eat breakfast, and barely have lunch. Sometimes I feel really sick, dizzy or just have no energy, other times I am fine. My parents are unaware of all this, and I'm uncomfortable with telling them.
Help me? What does this mean?
Having an eating disorder takes a toll on your body. You are going to have days with no energy, passing out, and waking up to the sight of blood. It would be impossible to have an eating disorder and feel stable all the time.

Basically, it means that the bulimia is starting to have an effect on your physical health. If you just started doing this, you could talk to your parents and get help.

Bulimia destroys your teeth, heart, bones, causes acid reflux and gastro problems. All of these those can't be hidden from your family because they could be permanent.

This is why a lot of people with bulimia get on a binge purge cycle. They binge to get the the temporary high and purge to feel the release. It's very, very addicting.

You didn't mention any of the other symptoms of having bulimia: anxiety, depression, and impulsive. All of those can't be easily hidden from your family-especially, if you are living at home. If you just started doing this, I would really encourage you tell your parents.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread