It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
(male)

Dinnin HB User
Unsure if I'm experiencing symptoms of an Eating Disorder

Alright so here's the background information that I think will be needed or asked:

22 Male. 6'3 almost 6'4.

I was weighing somewhere in the 280 range and decided after seeing a friend that enough was a enough cause I use to weigh about 170 so I started working out and I'm down to 245 lbs. at the moment.

Now here's where I'm thinking that I might be developing symptoms or maybe it's just a common thing when losing a lot of weight in a reasonably short time. (I'd say about 2-3 months or less)

I feel like everytime I eat food that it's good but the after I get done, I realize that food is just disgusting and I don't feel like eating for the rest of the day and I don't get hungry nearly as much. I'm a little concerned because food usually taste amazing and is good for me in general for my health (The Diet I've gone on and changing my choices to a more healthy lifestyle has really helped me).

I just feel disgusted by food. After eating and maybe a little before eating.. is this a sign of needing help or treatment or a sign that I've lost weight a lot and I have a sub-concise mind to want to lose weight even more since I'm not at my goal and it's a mechanic of my brain that is trying to help me get that goal faster even though it may cause my body harm?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
(female)

aileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB User
Re: Unsure if I'm experiencing symptoms of an Eating Disorder

I think you need to consider talking to someone about this because you are basically saying you are restricting your food because you feel disgusting by food.

Logically, you know the food is good and healthy, but you can't stop yourself from not eating the rest of the day and restricting.

This could become an even bigger problem if you reach you goal weight and you keep think that it's not enough. You might continue to restrict and start to overexercise. Do you think these thoughts will stop when you get to your goal weight?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
(female)

kathleen2509 HB User

Hey,

Im a 19 year old female and I used to suffer from anorexia, originating from a diet I went on which spiraled out of control before I knew what I was doing, I weighed under 6stone. It has left me with long term scars that make my relationship with food extremely difficult. I think it is really important you speak to someone incase you cannot stop your diet like me. You need to build a better relationship with food again. I hope this helps and I wish you good luck x

Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinnin View Post
Now here's where I'm thinking that I might be developing symptoms or maybe it's just a common thing when losing a lot of weight in a reasonably short time. (I'd say about 2-3 months or less)

I feel like everytime I eat food that it's good but the after I get done, I realize that food is just disgusting and I don't feel like eating for the rest of the day and I don't get hungry nearly as much. I'm a little concerned because food usually taste amazing and is good for me in general for my health (The Diet I've gone on and changing my choices to a more healthy lifestyle has really helped me).

I just feel disgusted by food. After eating and maybe a little before eating.. is this a sign of needing help or treatment or a sign that I've lost weight a lot and I have a sub-concise mind to want to lose weight even more since I'm not at my goal and it's a mechanic of my brain that is trying to help me get that goal faster even though it may cause my body harm?
Hello Dinnin,

It seems that you are experiencing the early onset of something that has the potential of becoming a full-blown eating disorder.

Eating disorders have an emotional component to them.
Try to seek therapy early,for the sooner you do,the greater the likelihood of recovery.

Please consider this as soon as possible.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Closed Thread