It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

fitness1 HB User
My vegetable bingeing situation. Looking for advice and support

Hello all, after reading many stories on this board, I thought I would share my own because I realized that I need help and want to stop my binging because it takes to much time, thought and effort.

My bingeing have slowly become worse and worse after I lost all my weight (45 pounds in three months time) before I had barely eaten anything, and was definitely on the verge of an eating disorder. Before, I was afraid of food, now I am obsessed with food. I am always thinking about what to have, and become anxious over when i'm having it and if i';ll get to have the perfect binge.

However, I binge only on healthy and low calorie foods. I binge on vegetables of all kinds (raw, steamed, roasted) all day everyday. NOt joking, probably about 15 cups a day. I am always thinking about it. There have been some days where I binge so hard I have a headache and my stomach feels like its going to explode. I am still a slender 115 at 5. 6 feet tall. But I know longer what to deal with my bingeing, and essientially addiction to food. Does anyone else deal with this? Does any one have any strategies to help beat this? I realize I have anxiety over food and honestly it restricts a good part of my life because I always need to binge at every meal. My days also seem to be surronded by preparing and eating food and it gets in the way of my life. I don't want to be this way any longer. There is more to life then food and excercise. I just don't know how to get around it.

I know my bingeing sounds ricidulous and odd but I would really like some help.

Thanks a ton.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
(female)

justrelaxx HB User
Re: My vegetable bingeing situation. Looking for advice and support

Unfortunately I cant offer advice. i am in the same situation and would like to second this question. How do we stop binging on low-cal veggies? I cant stop and often (usually) feel like exploding after eating. its miserable, how do we stop?

Old 04-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
(female)

fitness1 HB User

Thank you for sharing that you experience the same type of binge as me. I do not know how we stop. We could not buy the vegetables in the first place, but I'm sure you have experieced that you get extremely grumpy and crave them so so badly if you are not able to get them. I just wish we could get past the anxiety about getting, eating and preparing them and be happy and satisfied with just a proper portion of them. Or at least portions spread over time.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
(female)

rachee HB User

Holy I am actually in the same EXACT position. All my life I've had problems with overeating and weight, and just last june I decided to lose it all and I did. But in the mean time I developed anorexia and my health was seriously compromised. I went to get help in december of 2011 and I'm no longer starving myself, but I go on the insane vegetable binges where I eat HUGE quantities of steamed or raw cauliflower, onion, celery, carrots (never enough in my house..), broccoli etc. I also manage to get down about 3-4 litres of diet pop daily. It disgusts me sometimes to see how much I am eating but I can't seem to stop. I haven't gained much weight from this behaviour, (when I started I was about 115 at 5'6 and I'm now 120, but it is probably mostly water and liver that my body is trying to regrow or something), but it is so weird. My family always gives me the stragest looks when they see me eat too. I feel like I am always worried about having enough food, but also always trying to find ways to cut back (from my anorexic days). How do we get over this?? Why can't I just be happy eating a normal balanced meal?

Closed Thread