It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

Elleelle HB User
Recovery is so daunting - help needed!

I have lost a lot of weight over the last few months, now my bmi is around 14...I have started seeing a nutritionist and counsellor, and my friends and family think I am back on track.
Basically although I have a great meal plan and I do want to be healthy I am still seriously restricting my food and not following the plan as the idea of actually putting on weight is scary. The meals seem huge and calorific which absolutely terrifies me, but I cant admit this and find myself lying more and more about what I have actually had, which is making me more anxious around food.

How do people get motivated to do this? It seems scary to think the weight may go on too quickly and may look bad...
I find it so easy to persuade myself I don't really deserve to eat then I will binge and purge at night, justifying the lack of calories consumed during the day...Has anyone got any advice on breaking this vicious cycle? Or any tips on thinking in a different more positive way?

Also when people start this process how quickly does the weight go on? and when do you see changes (going from 500-900 calories to what should be 1600)???

Please help....

Old 04-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Recovery is so daunting - help needed!

I think that, in your case, the first big step forward would be to tell the truth. I think you'd be so surprised to hear that how you feel is how EVERYONE feels when they have had an eating disorder where they restrict, and are now being asked to eat what feels like a lot more.
The truth will set you free, babes. God bless you

Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread