It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
(female)

LydiaHH HB User
help, im not sure whats wrong with me

i know i have an eating problem. my eating habits are far from normal. i wont eat anything at all, except maybe a salad and some fruit.
but and its become more frequent (everyday), i find myself almost like binging, but its not really binging, because i chew and spit everything i get cravings for. it cant be anything, i don't even distinguish between whats 'good' and 'bad' anymore. i just feel like eating anything will make me fat.
i will chew and spit everything , even things like pasta, bread, vegetables, fish, and junk food.
i restrict everything, but then i will literally just spend hours eating and eating and spitting it all out.
i dont know what it is, its not bulimia because ive never purged in my life, and anorexia i dont think so, because i crave food and c/s it out.
im 5'4, 117lbs (used to weigh 137lbs four months ago), which is healthy and to me, it's not at all skinny, i still see fat everywhere on me when i look in the mirror and i know my attitude and my habits arent normal. but im unsure to what problem i have.
i feel horrible, with my weight, appearance everything. and i hate feeling insecure, especially when people say to me, i look fine, theres nothing wrong with me. my close friend, has been telling for months to just stop. but i don't know how.

any ideas on what this is ?

Old 04-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
(female)

amiisane HB User
Re: help, im not sure whats wrong with me

Hi Lydia,

I think your "problem" is insecurity and fear. It seems you're scared to eat what you want because you may not stop?? That is how I am, I am addicted to food I swear!

It's all about portion size. You can eat whatever you want and be fine as long as you don't over do it. Stay healthy by exercising (at least 30 min of cardio ) a few times a week.

I'm not sure if you are in a program, but there are meetings out there that will support you (overeaters anonymous, food addiction etc.) Even if you don't think they will apply to you, I am sure you will meet someone who can help you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: help, im not sure whats wrong with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaHH View Post
i feel horrible, with my weight, appearance everything. and i hate feeling insecure, especially when people say to me, i look fine, theres nothing wrong with me. my close friend, has been telling for months to just stop. but i don't know how.
Hello LydiaHH,

I'm hearing you,loud and clear.
People will generally say what they observe;they read a book by its' cover.

Wise people know that you can't judge a book by its' cover.....you have to inspect its' contents.

Are you opposed to overeaters anonymous groups?

Know that they're also available online.

Telling you to just stop.....your friend is clueless as to the nature of eating disorders,sorry to say.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 04-22-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Closed Thread