It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

Spiderpiggles HB User
Question Selective Eating Disorders

New to the board, i was looking round for a forum that helps those with selective eating, but have had no luck so far. I hope this site can help.

I've limited my eating to a list of 10 certain foods. They are plain and basic and lacking in flavour and variety. I've been living like this for 6-7 years and it's only recently that it's started to truly affect me. I moved to uni and have flatmates that don't quite understand why i can't eat any of the food they cook.

Today I started crying because they were quizzing me on why i never eat bread. This is just one of many incidents. It's really getting me down and i don't feel like anyone understands. They think i'm just being 'picky' but i would dearly love to be able to sit down with them and eat a curry or something. But i can't do that.

Is anyone else effected by this condition? I know not many people see it as such but i really do believe that this is an eating disorder.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
(female)

PumpkinSSGirl HB User
Re: Selective Eating Disorders

I understand you...I have a small list of items I will "allow" myself to eat without feeling guilty. Everything else just kind of falls into the "if I eat that I will feel guilty and horrible and want to go make myself throw up"....it's how I try and keep myself from throwing up all the time. (neither of which is really "healthy")...but it helps me because I allow myself choices without the need to binge and purge. Again, it is somewhat different from what you describe for yourself..but I do understand it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread