It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
(female)

HD1983 HB User
What's wrong with me?

I've struggled with my weight my entire life, I was the fat girl that was ridiculed in school and overlooked by society in my adult life.

Up until three years ago I was a binge eater, I pigged out on all sorts of junk food three times a day, I didn't drink water and I only drank sugar sweetened drinks.

I have been on a perpetual cycle of weight loss and weight gain since I was about 13(I'm now 29)

My highest weight was about 400 pounds.
Now I'm about 200 pounds lighter, thanks to a radical change in my diet, I get compliments all the time about how small I look.

The problem is when I look in the mirror I still see a huge, fat lady, I see myself as extremely wide and obese still.

I only drink coffee, tea and water, no sweetened drinks, my diet is very well balanced, I take a vitamin and drink coffee for breakfast.

I eat one meal a day(usually at 3 or 4 PM each day)and then I eat a cup of yogurt and either a handful of pretzels or a granola bar at around 9 PM, I don't eat anything else between these meals, I sometimes eat a little more but that's usually only a few times a month.

On a normal day I can go 19 hours without eating.
I would also like to mention that I am terrified of being hugely fat again.
Do I have an eating disorder? Is my diet normal?

Old 05-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
(female)

Twisted Metal HB UserTwisted Metal HB User
Re: What's wrong with me?

if you go 19 hours without eating.... and you are obsessed with food enough to keep track of every little thing you eat... and have such strict rules about how and what you eat.... and stare at yourself in the mirror you have an eating disorder. i think anorexia and bulemia are just kind of umbrella terms. we are all different. some people starve themselves and just eat safe foods like veggies and fruit. some starve and workout. me i starved myself but always ate candy bars and made up for it by eating just the candy bar all day. so everyone is different but i think you have an eating disorder it is not healthy if you keep this way your body will be way out of wack.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread