It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

Twisted Metal HB UserTwisted Metal HB User
How bad was i?

I'm a 24 year old female. currently 5'9 and 132lbs. at my worst i was 123lbs. I never really thought of myself having an eating disorder till all the physical symptoms emerged (arthritis, thinning hair, digestive problems)

for about 18 months i would eat one small thing everyday like: a slice of pizza, one cheeseburger, one candy bar. also about once every 2 weeks i wouldnt eat anything all day. if i had a real actual full meal, it would only be once in the day. so i never ate more then one meal a day. i drank like 3 cups of cofee a day with splenda and skim milk of course and also occasionally like once every 2 weeks i would eat like a huge sub or a whole small calzone. i never really went crazy with the binging. i only drank cofee and diet cokes, i never drank any drink with calories except for occasional alcohol.

now that im writing it, it sounds bad, i always assumed anorexics starved for days or vomitted. i never made myself vomit or abused laxatives. i did abuse diuretics pretty bad for awhile. i guess i thought i was ok because i ate pizza, candy bars, and cheeseburgers.

how bad was i compared to other people? did i damage myself pretty bad by doing that for 18 months? i was only doing that for 8 months when the arthritis emerged(by arthritis i mean all my joints swell everyday fingers toes wrists ankles jaw etc). 3 months for my hair to start to thin out. and after 18 months the digestive problems started.

i've been eating normally now for 8 months. at first i gained 30 lbs! but it evened out and i lost 23 of it. in me ED i was 123-125lbs now i am 132. i'm happy with this weight i really am. will my arthritis ever go away? what i really care about is my digestive problems, will they ever go away? i'm tired of bloating and being constipated and feeling full. i know what i did was wrong now. and i was only doing it for 18 months, i read people here who have been doing it for years and years. i hope i organized this post well enough for people to understand me and give me some advice on what to expect.

another reason i never thought i was that bad was because i never lost my period! i thought anorexics had no period thats what we learned in school. it always came normal and regular! i even got pregnant when i was restricting really bad! although i had a miscarriage. it is now in my recovery that my period is irregular but it was always there!

Last edited by Twisted Metal; 05-22-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread