It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Ashley9045 HB User
Opinions needed-

My sister who is in her 50's has worried about her weight ever since I can remember. Just a little history, she is a heavy smoker since she was 18, drinks tons of coffee, says she does not like drinking water or any other liquids, although once in awhile she will drink water, but primarily it is coffee 90% of the time. She has always eaten very little, no meat, and pretty much very little goes into her body. She says she is never hungry, and she only eats when she is. Her day may consist of a bowl of cereal, if she has that, nothing else will be eaten for the day. She never eats a meal, rarely any fruits or vegetables. maybe a bagel with butter, or toast here or there, but pretty much eats one small thing a day and that is it. I just do not understand how she is able to function this way. Her vitamin levels have to be so low, but she seems healthy, never complains with any symptoms, but I worry about her. With smoking, drinking the coffee, and eating one item a day cannot be good. If she has 400 calories a day that is probably a lot. Once in awhile her and I will have a lunch, and that will consist of an egg salad sandwhich, or tuna but then she will tell me she is done eating until the next day. The way she goes about her eating, etc.. just blows my mind because I have no clue how she has been surviving..
Has anyone ever heard of this before? Thanks!!!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
(female)

melinasw HB Usermelinasw HB User
Re: Opinions needed-

wow. I cant believe anyone has replied to this yet. I know what you mean by this, some people just dont eat! I dont understand. My father eats one meak a day and it is never a big huge meal. ntoo for a man who works hard outside and in attics. he will eat on emeal at the end of the day and thats it. no breakfast, no lunch, just coffee, beer, one small-average but gourmet meal. Your aunt seems very odd but some people who have grown up not eating alot continue that way. food makes some people uncomfortable. she probably is not healthy, she probably has low bone density. i dont have advice. you pposted that you need advice and i honestly dont have a word of it. Im a recovering bulimic so i would honestly love to have your aunts issue. to jus not "need" the food. to just not think of it... i mean, wow. that would be cool. except for the smoking. sorry im not more help, but people are reading this and you needed at least one reply

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply