It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
(female)

fitnessmama HB User
Head vs heart

So I have struggled with eating disorders for most of my life. I was anorexic for about a year and then switched to. Ultimate for 9 years. I recoverd for over 5 years and have relapsed over the past year. I hate who I have become. It all started wi wanting to lose 10 pounds after my third child. I started going to the gym 3 days a week and over the past year that spiraled out of control and I was up to 12-14 hours a week. I have lost 34 pounds and am smaller then I have ever been before.

It's so weird..I look in the mirror and see one thing yet when I see myself I pictures I look so skinny and gross. I knowi need to be healthy for my family and I want nothing more then to be normal again but for whatever reason I just can't stop binging.

I have started therapy for about 2 months now and got on pristiq. It really helped me the first month! Then I started binging again.. My exercise addiction has gotten much better and I am much more relaxed with little to no anxiety but I still look forward to binging. I can't get over my love hate relationship with food. I know I must stop before I kill myself or it effects my children.

It's like my head tells me to give in to my urges and binge while my heart I pleading with me to stop... I know what I need to do but I can't do it. I am such a perfectionist yet I can't perfect loving myself enough to stop this.. Anyone have a similar situation or advice... ?

The Following User Says Thank You to fitnessmama For This Useful Post:
Adie20 (07-31-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
(female)

StellaNeedsHelp HB User
Re: Head vs heart

I am in the same situation expect i have not gotten therapy or counseling yet.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-18-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
(female)

fitnessmama HB User
Re: Head vs heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaNeedsHelp View Post
I am in the same situation expect i have not gotten therapy or counseling yet.
Thus far it hasn't helped with my eating disorder much... It has brought up a lot of answers as to why I behave this way.. Which has made me make some changes, like setting boundaries and saying no to people instead of always helping everyone all the time... But like I said so far I still can't control my urges.

Reply Reply