It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

catlady007 HB User
compulsive over eating after devastating break up

any help with this problem, can't seem to get over this relationship..

Last edited by catlady007; 07-26-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: too much info

Old 07-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: compulsive over eating after devastating break up

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady007 View Post
any help with this problem, can't seem to get over this relationship..
Hello catlady007

Have you ever been subject to other episodes of this kind;with respect to the disordered eating?

If so,seeking the help of a therapist that specializes in eating disorders may be of help.

You are welcome to provide more information,if you're up to it;no pressure.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
(female)

catlady007 HB User

hi,
yes, I have had eating problems since early 20's, when a dr. put me on a restrictive diet. I guess it is human nature to rebel against a diet.. my X broke up with me after I hurt my foot and needed surgery and he turned 40 and flipped out, and he always made me feel like I was old, because i am 7 yrs. older,,he was not good for me, but, now I think I am punsihsing myself for him leaving, because if i had not aged and stayed in good shape maybe we would still be together.. it has been a devasted break up.. I have not meet anyone to get over him,,, so,,I want to start caring about myself and work out again, but, sometimes I think whats the point , ( although people always tell me that I am beautiful) all I get are men who are 15-30 yrs.older , never men MY OWN age.they of course want someone younger,,, ... I am not shallow, but would be nice to meet someone in my age group.. are you sorry you ask, ha

Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
(female)

catlady007 HB User

hi,
yes, I have had eating problems since early 20's, when a dr. put me on a restrictive diet. I guess it is human nature to rebel against a diet.. my X broke up with me after I hurt my foot and needed surgery and he turned 40 and flipped out, and he always made me feel like I was old, because i am 7 yrs. older,,he was not good for me, but, now I think I am punsihsing myself for him leaving, because if i had not aged and stayed in good shape maybe we would still be together.. it has been a devasted break up.. I have not meet anyone to get over him,,, so,,I want to start caring about myself and work out again, but, sometimes I think whats the point , ( although people always tell me that I am beautiful) all I get are men who are 15-30 yrs.older , never men MY OWN age.they of course want someone younger,,, ... I am not shallow, but would be nice to meet someone in my age group.. are you sorry you ask, ha

Old 07-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady007 View Post
I want to start caring about myself and work out again, but, sometimes I think whats the point , ( although people always tell me that I am beautiful) all I get are men who are 15-30 yrs.older , never men MY OWN age.they of course want someone younger,,, ... I am not shallow, but would be nice to meet someone in my age group.. are you sorry you ask, ha
Hello catlady007

I rarely ask questions that I don't want responses to.

The whole point to this is to show yourself what you're made of.
I envision a person with determination who just needs a little "nudge" in the right direction to get things started.

You are beautiful........

Now how does that feel,coming from a person who barely knows you?
Beauty;true beauty is skin deep and appearances can be quite deceiving.

There's nothing wrong with having a few older "friends" is there?

Maybe a plutonic relationship will help get you back on you feet.
If you're not out there,how can you expect to be noticed,for the beautiful person you are?

If you have either at-home equipment or a gym membership,strike now;while the iron's hot.

Break-ups will sting at first but in time you'll be able to move past that hurt and begin re-building.
The only thing is that I can't provide you with a timeline because no two people are exactly the same.

I'm around,if you would like to converse more.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-28-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
catlady007 (07-28-2012)
Reply Reply