It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
(female)

AimtoThrive HB User
Unhappy Abnormal bloods - why?

Hi everyone, this is my first post

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this, but hopefully someone might be able to help.

I'm in recovery from anorexia and have been for some time. I'm underweight and trying to gain some weight (my BMI is around 16.5) but my weight's been stable for a good couple of years.

My bloods have always been normal apart from iron, but my last set of bloods came back abnormal - low calcium and low alkaline phosphatase (bone profile and LFT) I don't see why my bloods would suddenly become abnormal now, when I'm actively eating more and trying to gain more weight. I also don't seem to be gaining even though I am eating more.

I'm terrified that there might be something really wrong with me because I've been having some digestive issues too, which are really different for me.

I'm going to see my GP on monday (the receptionist gave me the above info) so hopefully she'll shed some light on it. I guess I am hoping it is related to my ed and not to something more sinister.

I just wondered if anyone had had any similar experiences of abnormal bloods or whether anyone had any advice.

x

Reply Reply