It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

passingmelodies HB User
Question First post! I have a Q...

*SORRY FOR TMI, HAS TO DO WITH MENSTRUATION!*

Hi guys! I'm new to this board, and it seems like you are all great people! Hang in there with the recovery!

I am a former anorexic. Here is my story...

I was only anorexic for about four months or so, but I was very devastatingly so. I limited my food intake to only vegetables, fruits, and small amounts of whole grains, and avoided meat at all costs. While this may not sound terrible as this is a normal diet for some healthy people, I naturally have a fast metabolism and quickly burned off my own body. In the course of four months alone, I began to experience stomach pains, hair loss, extreme tiredness, all the time, and I would feel fluttery and have heart palpitations before sleeping. I panicked - I knew how I was hurting my body, but I was somehow attracted to reaching the unattainable goal of becoming stick thin. (Mind you, I was already on the small side.) It felt hideously glorious, like I was touching the edge of another dimension. The kicker for me was when I lost my period for two months. At that point I knew I had to stop, or I would endanger my life.

Sorry for that rant...

But anyway, I kind of got my period back. At least, I think it's my period. I am back to a reasonably healthy weight, or at least it's kind of plateau-d. However, I am having a sort of brown-discharge with little bits of pink-red blood hybrid. Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this after skipping periods because of anorexia? What should I do, if anything?

Thanks for putting up with me. Good luck to you all.

-Melody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: First post! I have a Q...

Hello Melody

Please make an appointment with your gynecologist.
He/She is familiar with your medical history and can rule certain things out by a process of elimination.
This is their area of expertise, please allow them to do the necessary testing.
In the end,you'll be glad you did(stay positive).

Respectfully
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Pacifier (08-29-2012)
Reply Reply

Tags
anorexia, period