It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
(female)

gilian12345 HB User
Fear of regaining weight

Hi, this is my first time ever talking on one of these sites so i'm new to this but I've been reading through certain posts and I feel like it might help for me to talk about how I've been feeling and i'm praying someone can offer me some advice.

I have a terrible fear of gaining weight and I can see that food is taking over every aspect of my life; my thoughts and actions are all revolving around my eating habits and it is driving me insane.

I am 19 years old and have always loved food, but for the past two years, family problems meant I started experiencing weight problems where I would eat anything and everything constantly - without being hungry and just for the sake of eating. Drastic diets brought down my weight but it wouldn't be long before I ended up binge eating again. Earlier this year I reached my heaviest weight of 62kg, which at a height of 160cm is not deemed 'overweight' but was certainly not healthy and since I have quite a small frame it was very visible.

I went on the dukan diet for three months and was able to lose 15kg which has brought me to my current weight of 49kg. Not only do I love the way I look but it makes me feel so great about myself and I never ever want to go back to the way I was before. The only problem is that i've now become obsessed with everything I put in my mouth. I don't want to lose anymore weight, but after dieting for so long i've forgotten what 'normal' eating is like and bottom line is i'm terrified of regaining weight.

I have never lost weight like this before and I love the way I now look, it has given me so much confidence and brought positivity back into my life. But I have realised I am a person who needs to always be careful of what they eat and needs to be in control/discipline myself because I have major tendencies to binge. Is there anyone who can advise me how I can return to a normal lifestyle because this paranoia is starting to drive me crazy and I don't want to develop an eating disorder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply