It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

marylou9 HB User
confused and worried... please help

Hi, so, im new to this forum and i really would like to get some advice from others who are also dealing with what i am goin thru. Only recently i have mentioned to my doctor that i throw up after i eat...i binge eat and then purge and then feel guilty and then be happy cuz i look skinnier...well my doctor says im overweight. I am 31 yrs old 5'3 and about 160lbs. I have been thru alot within the last year but i constantly struggle with thinking about what to eat and then think about the fastest way to get rid of it. I know i have a problem but i dont want to admit it.

I have lost 25 lbs since February but i want to lose 30 more...its crazy its my life thats all i think about...eat..throw up ..binge...purge..its a constant battle.

I have been reading some articles on what happens to a person on the inside like physically the things that go on inside your body when you throw up after meals or even in my case after a frappe or a small snack. I know my bowels are all messed up because i cant go to the bathroom or when i do i explode (kinda gross). i get stoamch cramps all the time and my throat is forever hurting.

I cry all the time im so depressed and sad and cant sleep. I have a beautiful young son (11yrs old) but he lives with his father and thats another issue.

Please anyone with kind words, please reply. I cant talk to my husband because he doesnt understand.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: marylou9
crookedhearts (09-24-2012), Phoenix (09-25-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: confused and worried...please help

marylou9,

Know that you are not alone in the struugle to conrol eating disorders.
I also suffer from bulimia and the binge-purge cycles can become a bit overwhelming at times.
People don't understand that it's not something one can just turn off,like a television or radio.

Did your doctor at least draw blood for further testing?
Have you considered seeing a personal therapist?
Sometimes it's good to just have a person whose concerned about your well-being and is dedicated to helping you achieve a better quality of living.

It's too early to say but have you considered the option of medication?

Just a thought.

If your stomach continues cramping and gets severe,please go to the nearest ER. Have you mentioned this to your doctor?

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 10-01-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply