It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

mermaidmotel HB User
Anorexia recovery process

Hi,

I'm a 19 year-old female, and I am currently recovering from anorexia. I was not ill for a very long time (It started in may and I have been in recovery since the end of August) However, I managed to lose a significant amount of weight during that time (I am 5'6 and I went from 170 to 97 lbs) My doctor put me on a meal plan and everything however I just kept losing weight, until she upped it just a little while ago. HOWEVER, It's still taking like a really long time for me to gain weight back and now I find that I am constantly hungry! like even right after I eat, someone told me this is like hyper metabolism. If anyone has any information or advice I would much appreciate it. I just don't know if I should eat more then I am right now (i'd say today I'm usually eating about 1500-1700 calories a day)

THank you!

Old 10-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
(female)

helives HB Userhelives HB User
Re: Anorexia recovery process

If you feel you can eat more then yes of course! If you feel hungry after you have eaten then this is a clear sign your body is asking for a bit more and can therefore comfortably take it. It is probably best now to suddenly increase your intake because this could set you back in your recovery by causing you to panic and cut down again. Best wishes for a happy and permanent recovery. Look forward to who you will be after this period, not back on who you were or are now. This is how I'm having to look at the prospect of recovery. Also keep imagining the future you happy and able to comfortably enjoy life Much love xx

The Following User Says Thank You to helives For This Useful Post:
mermaidmotel (10-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
anorexia, confused, recovery, support, weight gain