It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

babygenn HB User
getting sick for about 4 yrs now

Im sorry I couldnt figure out how to post my own,
I have been getting sick for about 4 yrs now, and I cant stop. I don't even have to stick fingers down my throat it just comes up. I have tried and tried to get help and know one is taking me seriously. Im so scared this is going to kill me! I am 32

The following user gives a hug of support to babygenn:
Phoenix (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Realisation of bulimia

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygenn View Post
Im sorry I couldnt figure out how to post my own,
Hello babygenn,

Welcome to the boards.

On the top left corner there are post reply and new thread buttons.
I truly hope this helps,as I would be more than honored to reply to your upcoming thread.

Eating disorders are serious business,as imbalances have been known to illicit most undesirable symptoms.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 06-02-2012 at 03:18 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Pacifier (08-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2012, 02:32 AM   #3
(female)

itsnevertoolate HB User
Re: 19 Year Old Daughter With Bulimia

My pleasure! If she is willing to give it a try, you can let her know I would gladly talk to her any time she would like to! I know how lonely it gets, and how pertinent support is in the growing process.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
(female)

Amasita HB User
Re: 12yr old vomiting for 24 days w/ constipation

Hi!
I saw this post and wanted to reply. I hope you and your son are doing better now. I think that trying sips of clear liquids is good to try to keep your son hydrated but if he continues to throw up then I would take him to the hospital for IV hydration. You said you have been trying Miralax... Is your son able to tolerate it without throwing up? Have you tried enemas? Since this has been going on for this long and your son is still having issues, it sounds like he needs to be admitted to a hospital. I am a pediatric nurse and have cared for plenty of kids with constipation issues, kids needing to be "cleaned out". The doctors may be right in that a virus may have caused this. Sometimes after a stomach bug, the intestines slow down so much they almost become paralyzed. And if what you are doing at home is not working, your son likely needs to be admitted to a hospital or given something stronger. We will somtimes place an NG tube (nasogastric tube- tube that goes in their nose and straight into their stomach) and give kids Golytely or multiple doses of miralax until the bowels are "cleaned out".

Hope this helps a little.

Amasita

The following user gives a hug of support to Amasita:
Phoenix (11-11-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
(female)

Amasita HB User
Re: Question- BPD

It could be BPD which is not the end of the world, trust me on that. I thought it was when I was diagnosed with it a few years ago. I have learned to live with it. You could also just have BPD traits without the actual diagnosis of BPD. I like to think of it as a different way of thinking from most people... my filter is skewed. As you said, sometimes I feel like everyone hates me and cannot stand to be around people. You sound lucky to have a stable romantic relationship but it sounds like you have very unstable work relationships. BPD affects different aspects of people's lives differently. They say people with BPD have job instability but I have have the same career for over 10 years. I know what job I enjoy doing.

All this to say that if you are diagnosed with BPD it does not mean the end of the world. It just means that you now would have an explanation for why you think and feel the way you do. There are books and research on this personality disorder and there is hope for living a more normal, happier life.

Hope this helps some...

Amasita

The Following User Says Thank You to Amasita For This Useful Post:
coffeemom30 (11-09-2012)
Reply Reply