It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
(female)

EllaRosie HB User
Unhappy Needing a bit of help and advice...

Hey, im new to this site and am really hopeing someone might be able to give me a bit of advice.
I have had bulimia for 8 years and it started through my issues because of post traumatic stress disorder, I spent 8 months in hospital and did really well with the recovery but being overweight in a mostly underweight unit was difficult.
I was discharged 4 months a go and in those months things have really changed and got very difficult in a way I never thought they would, I am pretty much restricting every single day and only eating one meal which would be under 400 calories, and its getting more and more of a issue and more obsessive. I didn't realise how bad it had got until I went away for a week to stay with friends and everytime we sat to eat a meal I was having panic attaks, crying and getting really distressed at the thought. the other day I had 1 piece of toast, a bowl of veg soup for lunch and a yoghurt for tea and felt like it was a huge binge.
I know rationaly it wasent as I used to have very large binges. I really don't no what to do or how to deal with all these new feelings, its a complete switch from the bulimic Ella who I was. Im now always standing infront of the mirror feeling every bit of my body before and after food. I want it to stop.

The following user gives a hug of support to EllaRosie:
Phoenix (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Needing a bit of help and advice...

Hello EllaRosie and welcome.

Having an eating disorder is enough of an undertaking and once you add the component of PTSD into the equation,it makes an already difficult situation more complex.
Before they discharged you,an aftercare program should've been setup so you can make an easier transition to the everyday setting;living life on its own terms.
If they didn't,may I suggest seeing a therapist for both your PTSD and eating disorder concerns.

It's not unusual for an individual with bulimia to have anorexic tendencies.The thing to do going forward is seek help.You can even begin with seeing a nutritionist but please do something.

Let's try to get this under a modicum control,ok?

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply