It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
(female)

Lovelybrooke HB User
Unhappy Bulemia and anorexia

Hi everyone. I'm Brooke and I'm new to this site. I have had anorexia nervosa and bulemia for 6 months now. I feel like I'm in control when I'm loosing all of this weight but I know it's very unhealthy. Right now I am 5"3 and I weigh about 85 pounds. My mom caught me throwing up once and it just about killed me. I told her that I never do it anymore but it hurts lying to her. Anyone have any advice?? Please

The following user gives a hug of support to Lovelybrooke:
Phoenix (05-17-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
(female)

OnWithHope HB User
Re: Bulemia and anorexia

Hi Brooke!
I started out as anorexic, and when my parents and doctor figured it out, I gained enough weight to stay out of the hospital, but I secretly started purging and then fell into bulimia. I lied about it, but eventually had to admit to my therapist and parents that I was bingeing and purging. That was hard! It is good that you are admitting that you need help. I thought I could get control all by myself. I kept trying different tricks to try to make myself stop. I lied about my bulimia because I thought I could get better on my own. It took me years to realize I couldn't do it by just being more controlling or having more "willpower." I finally had to ask for help again when I was 18 and I decided to stop lying about how often I was bingeing and purging.
Now that I am looking back on it all, I can see that keeping it a secret was the biggest reason I stayed stuck as long as I did. It might not help right away, but I encourage you to be honest about what you are doing. This is too big an issue to handle alone. Can you find someone that you feel comfortable telling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

forSanity HB User
Re: Bulemia and anorexia

Thanks for posting this Brooke. Although it may seem a terrible idea right now, you need to be honest with your mom and let her know that you're still throwing up and you need help. If you really can't tell her, tell someone else--A relative, school nurse, friend--anyone. The longer you wait and don't get help the worse it gets--trust me. You are right that bulimia is very unhealthy. You are exposing your mouth, teeth, esophagus, and gums to all that stomach acid which will eventually erode them all away. Please ask to see a doctor, preferably one who specializes in eating disorders. Good luck Brooke!

Reply Reply

Tags
anorexia, bulemia, depression, eating disorder, help group