It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
(female)

SqueakyTweaky HB User
Question Personal ?s to the "C/S"ers

Hello all! Because this is my first post and I feel ready & rarin to shoot some questions, I want to get right to the nitty gritty! Right now I'm just kind of information-gathering. This is specifically for those that have experience "C/S" (chewing/spitting). (And I am personally going through this now, so please be nothing short of brutally honest! I promise I'm the last person to ever judge anyone.)

How much time do you spend per day doing it? What kinds of food? Does it feel good or is it more of a compulsion, or does it switch around? Have you noticed any side effects from it? Do you still actually ingest food as well, or does C/S take the place of swallowing? Do you do other things or concentrate only on that while you do it? How do you hide it from others; or do others know about it? Do you rinse every time or just sometimes? Do you do it in front of others or only alone? Do you worry that you're ingesting billions of extra calories? Does it work to keep you skinny? Do you want to stop or are you happy with it? Have you ever stopped for a period of time and then started again? Is it an addiction? What have you 'heard' from others about it? Do other people outside of ED seem to know it even exists? Why do you think you started?

ANYTHING you can/will tell me, in as much detail as you like, would be greatly appreciated. I live in a town where there are literally no support groups for ED and this is the first message board I've found to post on, and I'm just to a point where I feel so alone with all the doubt/worry/wondering/curiosity. And of course the negative feelings that come along with what is, for me, a negative habit (usually; in some ways, anyway). Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
(female)

aileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB Useraileb HB User
Re: Personal ?s to the "C/S"ers

Are you going to use the answers to try to quit or to learn how to do it?

Old 05-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
(female)

SqueakyTweaky HB User
Re: Personal ?s to the "C/S"ers

I have already BEEN engaging in this negative coping mechanism for months on end, probably nearing up on a year now I think I've probably always had EDNOS but it didn't start rearing its ugly head until I got clean from meth & heroin about 2 yrs ago. Also after I got pregnant and wanted to lose the weight; Now it's a compulsion and I can't stop. It's an all day, every day thing for me. I am feeling isolated and shameful about it and just wanted to know how others felt and how they coped and what they did, or if I was a total nutcase.

Reply Reply