It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
(female)

71herrick HB User
Eating Disorder Out of Control

My 20 year old daughter has been struggling with eating disorders since the 10th grade (began with anorexia and went to bulemia. She's now a junior in college (she commutes from home). I've taken her to a mental health professional a couple of years ago, but she quit after a few sessions. Her doctor had her on medication which seemed to help, but he wouldn't renew it unless she sees a psychiatrist (which she won't).

Recently we noticed a foul oder in her her room. Asked her about it, she ignored me as usual and muttered some kind of curse under her breath. I asked her what it was and she ignored me. I had to track down the source of the odor. Wasn't tough to find..she had three purses filled with some type of body waste stuffed in them hanging on her closet door. Just awful.

Here's my question...how on earth do we handle this? If I confront her it will go nowhere - she calls me every name in the book and storms off. If we ignore it and quietly clean up after her, this madness will continue and probably get worse. She refuses to go to the dentist, doctor, mental health professional...we are the ones with the problem according to her. She's not a child anymore so we can't make her get help. But, if we don't do something, I can't imagine what will happen next...nothing good. Any ideas?

Reply Reply