It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2006, 03:13 AM   #1
(female)

twinkle toes HB User
Post what,s my problem

i had my gallbladder removed on may 3rd at first things were fine but 2 weeks later i started to have severe abdominal pains which lasted hours and i was also vomiting up bile the pains are at it,s worse just below my breast bone and nothing eases it i have been admitted to hospital several times due to this and also chest pain i have a history of blood clots in the lung and leg and every d dimer test has come back with a very high reading i,m beginning to think no one believes me but these pains are truly unbearable please can someone tell me what,s wrong it,s ruining my life .

Old 07-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User
Re: what,s my problem

Twinkle toes....Removing the Gallbladder which stores Bile produced by the Liver may be allowing too much Bile into your system to handle so a couple of points to try and see how you feel. One is to reduce the amount of fat you consume so less Bile is produced by the Liver and second is try taking Lipase enzymes with your meals to help predissove the Fatty acids so you'll take pressure off your liver. Best Wishes.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

I agree with 6foot. I know several people who had their gallbladders removed and had to take some kind of powdered additive each day to avoid problems like you are having. Let me ask this, is there any chance that there were a couple stones left in the common bile duct that could be causing problems? I've seen that happen once and it caused the same kind of problems too.

You should let the surgeon who performed the procedure know exactly what is going on, maybe he/she can help.

I hope you get some answers and some much needed relief- soon!
Lezlee

Old 07-05-2006, 04:45 AM   #4
(female)

agurl79 HB User

When you were in the hospital did they check your amylase/lipase levels? I'm sure they probably did, but just something to check out. Sometimes having your gall bladder out can cause pancreatic problems... actually they thought my gall bladder was causing my pancreas problems.. but they took it out and the same symptoms remained... so in the end it wasn't the gall bladder causing all my sypmtoms.. just all from the pancreas. And Pancreatitis is not something to mess with, it causes some intense pain, and lots of nausea/vomiting.. just something to think about....

Old 07-05-2006, 05:24 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

Had mine out in 2005. dr. thought i had cancer because of all the shadows in gallbladder. took it out, surgery was nothing. gallbladder was perfectly healthy, no sludge, not stones, not cancer thank God. took almost a year before i was myself again. alot of digestive problems and trial and error of what i could and could not eat. I know people who have had no problems I wasn't one of them. keep in toudh with the dr. most of this will pass in time when your body regulates to a missing organ.

Closed Thread