It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Sweet55 HB User
Stomach Problem

My stomach ushally alway's hurts right after I'm done eating even if I eat something really small. What does everyone think could be wrong???
It makes me not want to even eat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
Re: Stomach Problem

How does it hurt? Are you nauseated, or is it painful? If it's painful, is it a dull or sharp pain? How long does it last? And where exactly on your abdomen (high up or low down, on the left or the right)?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Sweet55 HB User

It is painful & it's sharp pain. It lasts for awhile. I woke up today at 9:30 & it hurted & it still hurts & it's 2:31.It hurts low down.
I didn't eat so I don't know why I'm having this pain right now but this is what it is like when I do eat. I don't know what to do I have IBS & my doctor said to just take the Zelnorm when I need to take it but sometimes it doesn't help when my stomach hurts really bad like this.
Hmm.... What do u think is wrong with me??? I feel weird if I'm going to do to the doctor for this because I already told her that the Zelnorm was working for my stomach but sometimes it doesn't help for this pain. So she will think that I'm weird that's why I haven't made an appointment to go to the doctor for this becuase I feel reallty weird to & I told her before that the Zelnorm was helping my stomach.Hmmm....???
Also what is nauseated mean???

Old 07-23-2006, 06:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

Sweet 55,
stomach pains can feel like it's radiating from one area yet be somewhere else. it's difficult to distinguish areas of stomach pain. they do it in quadrants.
draw a picture of your abdomen. make a line down the center and one across so it's divided into four.
is the pain coming from the right upper quadrant, left upper quadrant, or left lower or right lower?
since you already have a gastro problem, you should discuss this with your doctor. maybe your digestion is not working properly because when you eat enzymes are produced by our pancreas and help to digest the food, or your stomach can be dumping too soon after you eat. called stomach dumping.
it can be a number of things. I too used to suffer with feeling horrible after I ate and my stomach would get sharp pains and more so after eatting fatty meals.
I was told I had pancreatitis which it wasn't. I was told I have malabsorption due to a stool test they have to do to find this out, so if you're body isn't working in order together to digest, you will feel this.
I do know also that gynecologicaly it is very closely related to gastro symtoms or can be. sometimes a persistant ovarinan cyst can make your stomach hurt after eatting meals. sometimes a gastro dr will refer a woman patient to her gynocologist if the gastro dr has no answer to the problem.

You need a follow up appt. with your dr. you can't just not eat. and you shouldn't be in pain after you eat.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User

Has your dr checked for Celiac Disease this can cause alot of issues and bad stomache aches. It is just a blood test and could prevent a lifetime of pain.
Goo Luck

Closed Thread