It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #1

Jae16 HB User
Prolonged flu feeling

I am 21 and I have felt as if I have had the flu for almost 10 days now... However I do not have a fever... And my flu has seemed to be rather light... however it just seems to persist even though I am getting enough sleep. Could anyone tell me could this be a symptom of something other than a small case of the flu?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Prolonged flu feeling

Hi Jae16. Flu-like symptoms in the summer are a big tip-off to the possibility of Lyme disease. Lyme disease is a muli-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. Lyme disease is the second fastest growing infectious disease in the US after AIDS and the number one vector-borne disease in the US. It is in every state.

If this is a possibility, it is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. Many people test negative early in the infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #3

Jae16 HB User

Could it be anything else... I dont have a head ache or anything else listed there... Just the flu feeling...

Old 09-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

It could be many things such as Lyme disease or mono. You really need to see a doctor.

I hope you feel better soon.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #5

Jae16 HB User

could it just be the flu?

Old 09-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #6
(male)

kmacdona HB User

What's your temperature? Do you have body aches, sweats? Any abdominal pain? There are many conditions that can cause flu like symptons. Kidney infection, pancreatitis, the common cold etc.
If you have flu like symptoms even with a mild fever and it's persistent, you should have it evaluated by a doctor.

MaC

Old 09-07-2006, 08:37 AM   #7

Jae16 HB User

No there is absolutely no temperature... Its just kind of like that feeling you get the first day your starting to get the flu where you feel kind of woozy... However mine is really light and it just seams to be hanging around. I have no head aches... no sweating just feeling a little ill for 2 weeks now.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #8
(male)

kmacdona HB User

Well, it doesn't sound serious and it seems very mild. Sometimes flu like symptons can last a few weeks. It is probably nothing to worry about. If I were you I would just try to stay healthy. Drink plenty of fluids, take a daily multivitamin if you wish. Since there is no fever then it doesn't seem the body is fighting off anything. Maybe it could be something in your diet that is making you feel that way.
Hope you feel better soon.

MaC

Old 09-08-2006, 12:56 PM   #9

Jae16 HB User

Thankyou that is also what I have been hoping... It has been about two weeks now and I have had no fever... just the kind of head sick feeling you get when you get the flu. Could these symptoms be as a result of something serious like leukemia? (not to be a hypocondriac ?sp?) Should I get a blood test? thanks guys

Old 09-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #10
(male)

kmacdona HB User

Sure, anytime something is going on with your body that causes you concern you should see your doctor. Leukemia can go unoticed for years. But along with
malaise, (vague feeling of bodily discomfort) some other symptoms of leukemia are: abnormal bleeding, excessive bruising, weakness, weight loss, bone or joint pain, infection and fever, abdominal pain (fullness), fatigue. Leukemia can be identified through a blood test. If your "woozyness" doesn't subside an a reasonable amount of time, I would consult a doctor.

MaC

Old 09-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #11
(male)

kmacdona HB User

I also thought of something else. Do you have sinus problems? Or, ever had sinus problems? Also, can you describe what you feel? More than just "head sick feeling". That can mean dizzy, light headed, unable to concentrate, feeling clogged up, etc. Woozy? Do you exercise at all? Did you have a cold or anything before this?

MaC

Old 09-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #12

Jae16 HB User

Well I am still feeling sick... Its a very hard feeling to explain... its kind of like the way you feel the first day you get the flu, just achy kind of and a little woozy when I do activiity. I got a blood test and there was absolutely nothing weird in the blood test. Is there anything else it could possibly be if my blod test is normal?

Old 09-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #13

Jae16 HB User

bump........

Old 09-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

well if you got a blood test , did you see the doctor to get it? or did you just go into a clinic and ask to get a blood test? if you got a blood test, id say make sure you go see the doc hon if youre really worried. that would really be the best advice. since feeling fluish can fall into alot of different categories of illnesses, that would be the best thing to do and it will ease your worries as well. the worst thing is the added stress when youre sick sweetie.
Jen
ps please keep us posted! and i hope you feel better soon

Old 09-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #15

Jae16 HB User

yes i did get my blood test done at the docs and he said it all looked normal... so is there anything else to worry about?>

Closed Thread