It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
(male)

alex0987654321 HB User
Stomach Pain related to Sugar

Since february, every two weeks, theres been one day when I've had a large sugar intake, in the range of 400 grams from robitussin. The next day my side hurt but it went away in anther day or so.

Since the third time i tried this, last Saturday, the pain in my stomach hasn't yet receded. Well, when i eat something like a candy bar or a soda, ill have side pain in a hour or so, but when i stay away from sugary foods, i have no pain at all.

Does anyone know what this could be and will it go away?

I dont have diabetes and checked those symptoms to make sure i didnt have any of those symptoms. Stomach pain after eating sugar is the only symptom i have.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
(male)

nhemi2 HB User
Re: Stomach Pain related to Sugar

Sounds like you could have pancreatitis. With this condition pain often begins during or shortly after eating and can last up to a few days. Pain can radiate to the back as well. Pain will feel worse when you lie on your back and better when you curl up into a ball. Get an appointment with a doctor if this is the case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
(male)

alex0987654321 HB User

hmm

could it be something else,

pain only occurs when i eat a lot of sugar.

its also not concentrated in one area. Some times my right side will hurt, sometimes my left.

I have a blood test scheduled for thursday either way.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:32 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wholegrain HB User

Umm...maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't eating that much sugar at once make anybody feel bad?

Closed Thread