It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 04:20 AM   #16
(male)

Sofa King HB User
Re: Anyone take metoprolol in a real low dose and split the pills?

** Update **

After about 10 days of lowering my metoprolol from 25mg to 12.5 mg before I go to bed, I'm happy to say my HR has increased from the 40s/50s to 50s/60s all the while my BP is remaining right at 120/60. The one negative I did notice was that I seemed a bit more anxious at times and a little more animated with my emotions. It's better than feeling like a zombie but I decided to stop taking my half dose at bedtime and take it in the morning to try and maximize it's use during my waking hours. I'll let you know how that treats me.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #17
(female)

pemmy HB User

Thanks for the update, Sofa King! I am still taking 1/4 of 25 mg in the morning and night. I have to make an appt for later this month to see dr about bp and get my cholesterol checked, too. Please keep us updated! Pam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #18
(male)

Sofa King HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pemmy View Post
Thanks for the update, Sofa King! I am still taking 1/4 of 25 mg in the morning and night. I have to make an appt for later this month to see dr about bp and get my cholesterol checked, too. Please keep us updated! Pam
Thanks pemmy. You do the same.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #19
(female)

pemmy HB User

Sofa King, How are you doing? I went to dr on Monday for bp checkup. I get low readings on my home monitor and brought the readings to him. He says I can stop taking the metoprolol cold turkey. I said I will do it slowly over a two week period. I didn't take any today and have been taking my bp a few times and so far it hasn't gone over 120/80. My heart rate was 81 this morning. I will see how it goes. Maybe I will have to go back on it again. I realize we are on this for different reasons. Wondering how you are doing?

Closed Thread