It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
(female)

ricci z HB User
Parathyroid test levels....need help

Hi, I'm new and I hope someone can give me some good advice. I've had a few foot fractures. Orthopaedic doc says calcium and vitamin d level was low. Parathryoid test was done by family doc. 2 test... levels were 3 and the second test was 5. Saw endo doc out of state. Parathyroid test there showed 18 and re-test showed 20. Came home and family doctor checked levels in the morning and late afternoon. Levels were 6 then 5. Out of state endo doc says my levels are normal, don't worry. But test with family doc show low each time. Has anyone been through this?????

Old 07-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User
Re: Parathyroid test levels....need help

ricci z,
My calcium and parathyroid hormone are always all over the board, up and down, and I am being told that they are fine too. But I have to wonder.
Good luck.
mmee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
(female)

ricci z HB User

hi mmee,
Thanks for your reply. How long has this been going on for you? Do you have any symptoms....tiredness, tingling or achy joints, confusion ?
My family doc says my pth is low, but the endo doc at mayo clinic said my levels are within range and I am okay. The levels at my family doc have been: 3, 6, 5, 5. At Mayo they were 18 and 20. I'm wondering if the answer is in the way the test are done.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

ricci z,
Hi, I have been sick for over 16 months now. My calcium had been above 10.0 for all of that time, but in March it made a jump to 10.9. Then back to 9.8 then in April it went to 11.0 and then back to 10.2 and then in May it went to 11.0 again and then to my all time low of 9.5 and the ionized was 0.70 which is way below range. So, my calcium is all over the place. Where is your calcium at?
Are the numbers that you are listing your parathyroid hormone? Mine have been 49.3, 36, 24, and 22. So, they have been fluctutating too.
I have tachycardia, skips in pulse, aching bones and muscles, pains all over, severe acid reflux, vomiting and diarrhea and then had constipation, just to name a few. What are all of your symptoms?
mmee

Closed Thread