It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
(female)

alyssaoutlaw HB User
Can they do that?

I went to urgent care where they told me I probably had pancreatitis and that I should go to the hospital asap. I went to the hospital and they told me that yes I do have pancreatitis and that they were going to admit me. 4 hours later they came in to tell me that I also have some sort of bowel obstruction. They then discharged me so they could put a patient with a cough in my bed. They told me to drink fluids and did not give me anything for the problem or the pain. I'm in severe pain. What should I do?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Can they do that?

Go see your regular doctor and he can admit you to the hospital.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

alyssaoutlaw HB User

I don't have a primary care doctor unfortunately. It really sucks.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Is there another hospital in your area you can try? I'd give them a call FIRST and explain to them the situation to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
(female)

Kittencuddler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaoutlaw View Post
I went to urgent care where they told me I probably had pancreatitis and that I should go to the hospital asap. I went to the hospital and they told me that yes I do have pancreatitis and that they were going to admit me. 4 hours later they came in to tell me that I also have some sort of bowel obstruction. They then discharged me so they could put a patient with a cough in my bed. They told me to drink fluids and did not give me anything for the problem or the pain. I'm in severe pain. What should I do?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
(female)

Kittencuddler HB User

My mom had pancratitis, and it is so very painful, they admitted her right away and had to keep her on a morphine pump, and she ended up with phnemnia, she was very sick, if I were you, I would go to another hospital, you don't want to mess around with this, and I would say something to that hospital or dr. cause if something happens to you, they need to BE SUED!!!!! My BEST friend went to er. she was coughing up blood they sent her home with antibotics, she was back 3 more times in that er before they would even do an xray or anything, finally they did and she had a anyeriusim in her chest, she DIED, her husband sued and WON!! IT SUCKS cause there is NO amount a money that would replace her!! I don't have faith in drs and hospitals anymore! plus I have had many bad experiences with BAD drs. and hospitals!! I hope you are doing better and got the care you needed

Closed Thread