It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
(male)

Thankstoyou HB User
Question Late 20's drinking and health

I am a 28 year old male who has been drinking since I was about 18. Not very hard at first but at about 20 years old and entering college drinking occured very often (at least 3-4 nights per week). At about 26 I got my first real job as Middle School Teacher in Japan and have cut down on drinking (I think) but Japan is a very heavy drinking culture.

Lately however whenever I drink I have horrible cramps the next day, and I never ever had these before. They started about 6-7 months ago. Is this a sign that my body is no longer able to process the alcohol correctly? Or more seriously have I done damage to my body that could be long term?

I am very adamant about cutting down on my drinking from here on out as it is hard to teach with a headache and cramped guts.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
(female)

irene498 HB User
Re: Late 20's drinking and health

I am glad to hear you are able to cut out your drinking. I didn't start drinking until my mid twentys. It has taken a big toll on my body. Heavy drinking can cause a number of health problems. I think it is the worst vice anyone can have. It causes organ damage, nerve damage, and ages you before your time. Just the short term affects are hell. If you are having cramps after drinking you should see a doctor right away. Be completly honest about your lifestyle and what you put into your body. I had a bloated stomach and some pain in my abdomin one night and ended up in the emergency room and was told I had acute pancreatitis. I thought I had food poisoning. It was so severe that I was admitted for two weeks. I didn't even know what it was. The first thing they asked was do I drink. I think when it comes to advising teens about drinking, driving isn't the only thing that should be addressed. I hope that this doesn't happen to you. You are young so nip in the bud! think long term!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread