It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
(male)

nnull HB User
Stomach Pain

I got a dull pain in my stomach. This happens more than 1 year ago. Sometimes it goes away and come back. It's in a same location.
This started 1 day after I got a gastroscopy exam.
I went to see doctor afterward for the pain, but he couldn't tell. He sent me for altrasound and later MRI. I think they were looking in my bladder, which probably is a wrong place. I can push my hand down and the pain shows up. Laying down sideway on the left also make it come up.
The location is 2 inches down from the belly button, and 2.5 to 3 inches to the left (almost touch the bone/muscle of my leg)

They can't find anything from the results from the MRI and ultrasound. They said the next step would be to open me up. That scares me for finding the issue.

Often after a bow movement, the pain goes away (like just happen 5 minutes away). I am almost sure it's digested track issue.
My stool color looks dark green. My doctor recently looked at my gastroscopy result and said I have some cists that needs removed (why he didn't tell me this a long time ago?) However, he said it's way down there, where they can put a rubber band or similar device to tie it up and it will fall off by itself. It seems not close to my pain area (from the distance). But I don't know this. I will do this though. The doctor said this after I told him I sometimes found red blood in my stool, sometimes a lot. It wasn't from the pain that he told me to go have the cists removed.

I am very worry about this. Please tell me what can possibly it be, and my next step should be.

Last edited by nnull; 08-19-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Stomach Pain

nnull

I am having a hard time understanding your post--you said that you had a gastroscopy? I am not familiar with a gastroscopy exam. Do you mean a colonoscopy? This exam is where you do a bowel prep the day before and on the day of the procedure, they give you some medication to put you to sleep and they look at your colon with a scope.
In terms of the cysts?? It sound like you have hemmroids and they are suggesting that they put elastics on them to stop the blood flow so that they eventually fall off.
In terms of the pain before you go to the bathroom, it sounds like you may have a constipation issue and when you relieve yourself it relieves the pressure on the colon which in turns relieves the pain that you are experiencing in your lower left abdomen.
Do you eat alot of green veggies. Sometime what we eat causes out stool to be discolored, so if you eat alot of green veggies than sometimes your stool will have a green tinged color.
I think the red blood could be because you may have hemmroids which is why they are suggesting putting an elastic around them to stop the flow of blood to them. You can get hemmroids from straining to hard to have a bowel movement.
Was it ever suggested that you increase your fiber and water in your diet or maybe start taking a stool softner?
If you have not had a colonoscopy then I would suggest that this be the next type of test to have to confirm that you in fact have or do not have hemmroids, it will also let them know whether or not you have any colon polyps which could also cause blood in the stools.
Let me know how you are feeling

Last edited by shisslak; 08-19-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
(male)

nnull HB User

thank you for the explanation. Yes, it's colonoscopy. They also did (the same time) putting the scope through my mouth. That's what I was told, but I don't know if they did it or not. I was sleeping the whole time, and didn't feel a thing right afterward. That's more than a year ago. Probably 2 years. I wonder if I need to have it done again.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

nnull,

Are you seeing a gastroenterologist? Maybe you need to get an appointment and go over the reports from your procedures two years ago. Let this doctor know what your present symptoms are and maybe they will suggest doing a second colonoscopy to see if there have been any changes.
Let me know how you make out.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
(male)

nnull HB User

From the pictures of the pancreas, the pain spot I have appears to be very low. I wonder if people with pancreas disease experience like that.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
(male)

nnull HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
nnull,

Are you seeing a gastroenterologist? Maybe you need to get an appointment and go over the reports from your procedures two years ago. Let this doctor know what your present symptoms are and maybe they will suggest doing a second colonoscopy to see if there have been any changes.
Let me know how you make out.
I will make an appointment to go over the report.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
(male)

stephen88m HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnull View Post
From the pictures of the pancreas, the pain spot I have appears to be very low. I wonder if people with pancreas disease experience like that.
i have chronic pancreatitis and what you describe does sound like your pancreas might have calcification. pancreatic pains are in all different areas in the stomach and even the mid and lower back. i was in a bad car accident back in 2001 and all my organs have shifted to the right inflaming many parts of my body, including my pancreas. mention to your Dr. if it might be stones in your bile duct?. it took Dr.'s 3yrs. to find out that i had stones in my bile duct because they are hared to see. mine got so bad that they had to take my gallblatter out and attach the head of my pancreas to my small intestine. just to remove the stones and get rid of most of the pain. let me know what turns out. thanks, stephen

Closed Thread