It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
(female)

RainDown HB User
Can anyone help?

I was diagnosed with a "nodule" on my parathyroid about 2 years ago. My Dr did a biopsy, a huge amount of gooky green stuff was sent to lab. It was benign. Dr said Calcium was "normal" so he would see me next year. I had no symptoms of anything at that time.
I had a colonoscopy for chronic constipation, diagnosed me with a “lazy colon”. My TSH was 5.8, slightly high. My T4 was in normal range. She recommended I follow up with an Endocrinologist because a lazy colon can be a result of thyroid disease. I see the Endo inform him of my symptoms: Chronic constipation, hair falling out, cold hands & feet, fatigue, extreme depression, irritability, anxiety, loss of concentration, memory problems, and some problems swallowing especially while lying down. He proceeds to do an ultrasound, informs me my thyroid isn’t enlarged, but he confirms something is behind my thyroid. DUH! He says he thinks it is only a cyst. (I had an MRI, Ultrasound, and Biopsy 2 years ago. One DR called it a nodule another called it a goiter- never hinted it was a cyst.) I was confused when he said it was a cyst because I thought cysts only had clear fluid? What they aspirated from me was THICK and GREEN. (He read the report on the computer of biopsy so he knew it wasn’t clear) This DR seems to decide nothing is wrong with me since my thyroid isn’t enlarged. He didn’t seem to take me seriously. I felt very uncomfortable telling him my symptoms, so I didn’t really stress how much I'm truly suffering here. I did not feel like this a year ago. My entire personality has changed in the last year. I had to go on ADD medication just to function at work. The Endo ordered a lot of labs on me. The nurse called back and said everything was “normal” and he would follow up with me in a year. I called to ask about my TSH and they said it was 3.8. Why did it go down? Is it normal to go up and down? I didn’t think to ask about my other labs, but I'm going to request copies on Monday. I feel so hopeless. I don’t know what to do. Does anyone have any advice? Does it sound like this could all be more related to my parathyroid verses my thyroid?

I am editing because I forgot to mention a couple of things. I have been urinating a lot lately, but just thought it could be from drinking water so much. I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years. I have 3 boys; they are all 4 years apart. I've never used any form of birth control. I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 20; they did a lap and removed as much as they could. I have a pigment problem on my lower legs... light brown spots. The dermatologist said it was nigricans acanthosis. I do not agree with that diagnosis- I am 5'4" and I weigh 135. I have never been diagnosed with diabetes, but I do have hypoglycemia. My blood pressures are very low... 90/58 is normal for me. I have been having headaches a lot and my eyes are very sensitive to light. I wear contacts. My skin is extremely DRY. Anyway, I didnt tell my doctor all of this stuff because I didnt think any of it could be related, but I'm telling it to anyone who will listen just in case.

Last edited by RainDown; 11-06-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
(female)

RainDown HB User
Re: Can anyone help?

Ok, no one seems to know what my problem is. I will go ahead and post my labs. Anyone have any ideas? I am ready to give up. I know something is physically wrong with me... this is NOT in my head. I dont care what the labs say. I just don't know what to do...My TSH seems to go up and down.

10/29/10

Free T4 0.9 (0.7-1.1)
PTH INTACT 30 (12-88)
ANTI-TPO ANTIBODIES <10
K+ 3.9 (3.5-5.1)
Anion GAP 5 low ( 7-16)
Prolactin 4.5
TSH 2.514 ( 0.4-4.0) *she told me wrong over the phone.
Calcium 9.2(8.9-10.3)
BUN 8 (8-26)

my results on 8/23/10

TSH 5.270
T4 7.6 (4.5- 12.0)
T3 UPTAKE 33 (24-39)
Free Thyroxine Index 2.5 (1.2- 4.9)

on 10/09/09

TSH 1.4
Calcium 8.5 (8.4 - 10.5 )
RBC 4.00 ( 4.00-5.20)
RDW 12.8 (13.2 -16.0)