It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

pme47634 HB User
Waiting for Diagnosis

Hello everyone! I am here because I recently found out that I have an adrenal mass on my left gland that is 4cm in diameter. I am thinking that maybe this mass has been causing a lot of the problems that I have been having for many years. However, I am still in limbo with my Dr. and waiting for more test results to come in.
Around 6 years ago, I started having heart palpitations, Shortness of breath, fatigue, headaches and I thought it was related to my heart. I went to see a cardiologist who did a battery of test, and the only thing they could find was LVT (left ventricular hypertrophy). However, the Dr. said this was nothing to be concerned about. I also started seeing a pulmonologist whom diagnosed me with asthma and my treatment is an inhaler as needed. I have had several bouts of pneumonia over the last 4 years, and I just feel like I cannot do the things I once use to be able to do. I mean just taking a walk is strenous, and I cannot keep up. I am 34 years of age and female. I have had a 24 hour urine done, and bloodwork, and the only thing that came back abnormal on the first tests was my aldosterone level was low at < 1.6 and creatinine was 1734 mg/day and 68 mg/dl. I recently had to repeat the 24 hour urine, and also had a Chem 8 blood work completed. I am hoping to hear something back on these 2nd set of test this week. My cardiologist recently put me on Metrolopol 50 mg to see if that would help, and I actually started at 25mg and did not seem to help for long, and now the 50 seems to control my blood pressure for the most part, but still feel as if my heart is pounding out of my chest with very little activity. I just want to know whats going on, and it is all so frustrating. I also notice that my blood pressure is currently staying around 120/80 with medication, however, when I lay down at night it drops to about 88/65 and I have been waking up with chest sweating....only in the chest area. I have Obstructive sleep apnea as well, and am treated with C-Pap. Do any of you know what could be causing the low aldosterone level and what it might have to do with the adrenal mass? My Dr. told me that they won't take it out unless they find out if it's functioning or not, and I am concerned because 4 cm to me seems pretty big. Sorry this is so long, but I am just really needing some support while going through this! I feel like my whole body is just shutting down, and I want my life back to where I use to be 6 years ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread