It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Endocrine Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
(female)

Gavi112 HB User
Adrenaline surges when falling asleep

I had this badly about 9 yrs ago for a few months where as I was drifting off to sleep I would get a shock like surge from my middle up into my head - felt as if I had dropped down a rollercoaster and maybe 5 or 6 pounding hearbeats afterwards. I was told it was anxiety and it did go away eventually but had many completely sleepless nights in that time.

Fast forward to spring 2010 and I had a few weeks of it again. Again many sleepless nights as it just wont stop and I cannot sleep. My Dr did the adrenal tumour 24hr urine test and it was negative. I then had months okay but about 2 months ago it came back again. I have always had harmless ectopics and was getting very stressed about them as they had worsened when this started again. I have had 2 24hr ecgs and am seeing a cardio who has just given me a three week cadiocall machine that I can put on my chest and it does a full 12 lead ecg for a minute whenever I feel anything that lasts longer than a few seconds.

My Gp has suggested I reduce my thyroxine dose as I am at overactive end of normal and this is not my usual results but past two tests over this year had been like this so am reducing dose to see if it helps.

GP has tried to reassure me that as my 24hr urine test was negative and my blood pressure is normal that I can stop worrying about an adrenal tumour.

He has given me 2 weeks of sleeping pills but if I am not better he said he wills end me to endocrinologist but doubts anything will be found - he said its common for people to have this symptom for months then it vanishes for years which is what happened to me.

I do have severe anxiety with any health symptoms but it has not got to point where I am terrified of going to bed as I hate that surge and falling sensation and pounding heart stopping me from sleeping.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread